Chapter 3

Cover by Unique_is_WriteIt16. Thanks for this wonderful cover. ☺️📖

~**~

Mia Belle

I'm brought out of my deep slumber by the need to pee- really pee. The kind of pee that accumulates only for a few hours, but feels like you haven't been to the toilet in months.

This baby will be the death of me.

I was so caught up in hurrying to get out of bed and rushing to the toilet, that I didn't even realize that there is someone in my bedroom. By the clearing of a throat, I jump, and my heart nearly leaves the confines of my body. Looking up, I see that Liam is sitting on a chair and is staring at me intently.

"Hey," I whispered, still a little startled. 'When did he get in and how does he know where I live?' I thought.

"Hello gorgeous. What's the hurry?" He smirked. His famous smirk. The smirk that had me hooked from the moment I saw him that night. It was criminally impossible for someone to be so breathtaking even without saying anything.

I blushed, and remembering my intentions before I was interrupted - to rush to the toilet, I immediately walk into my washroom to ease my bladder. When I get back into my room, Liam's lying down on my bed and is watching TV. He opens his arms for me when he notices me, and I don't hesitate to climb unto my bed and rushing into his arms.

I inhale his cologne and sigh. It feels so right to be in his arms, and I wouldn't have it any other way. He's like my safe haven; my Mr. Right. But knowing that I had no experience with men and relationships, how would I know anything about Mr. Right?

He kissed my forehead and ran his hands through my blonde untamed locks. My hair probably looks like a nest with all of the turning and twisting I do in my sleep. I was never an acrobats fan, or a sports person for that matter, but this pregnancy helped me realize my flexibility's capacity. These days, I'd normally wake up to find myself in some weird position. They always seemed to make the baby comfortable though.

Feeling hands caressing my belly, I look at him and smile. A girl could get used to cuddling and these gestures.

"It amazes me that we created such a precious gift. Thank you," He whispers and I smile and kissed his cheek. That got me remembering our one-night-stand and how it would feel to sleep with him again, and this time- sober.

"You actually did all the work that night," I tease and he chuckled.

"But under the influence of alcohol." He ran his fingers through my hair and suddenly blurted out, "Why did you leave?" I tensed as I realized where this question was heading.

"I got scared when I woke up and didn't know where I was." I paused and thought about whether or not I should tell him about me being a virgin when we had sex, but realized that he probably knew. And he could've been disappointed too. What man likes an inexperienced girl who didn't know anything about sex, other than what she'd read in books? But I won't tell him that.

"I was both angry and disappointed when I woke up and you weren't by my side. I was angry that you'd left me, and disappointed that I wouldn't be able to spend more time with you. And, you were a virgin...Why hadn't you told me before? I wasn't sure if I was rough or..." He trailed and I sensed that he was having an internal battle.

I sighed and snuggled closer to his side. He didn't have to worry himself about these things. It happened and we can't change it even if we wanted to. We just got to accept it and move on. "I can't remember anything that occurred that night, Liam. How would I have remembered to tell you I was a virgin?"