Chapter 1

If I know what love is, it is because of you.

-------------

"Surkh wala... sauz wala... Faiz wala love.." A small masculine voice hummed slowly. The owner of the voice got out of the bathroom, a towel wrapped around his lower half, while he ruffled his black hair while coming out. A vest adorned his chest, which wasn't well built, but wasn't obese too.

He took out his clothes from the cupboard and started to button his shirt as he continued to hum lazily.

"Hota hai jo, love se zyada, waise wala love.. Hmm Hmm"

As he buttoned the few last buttons of his shirt, he looked at his reflection in the mirror and suddenly his hands stopped. He had black eyes, lips of a mixed shade of pink and red. For an average guy, he had decent features and if a girl wouldn't drool over him, she would at least definitely stop her eyes at him for once. He sighed seeing himself and wondered, "Uff, would someone in any part of the nation singing Mere Khwabon Me Jo Aaye while waiting for me?" and then shook his head at his own imagination.

"Tu na gadha ho chuka hai." He murmured to himself while dressing up quickly in a white shirt, tucked inside black jeans, settling his hair in a minute and getting out of the room while wearing his silver watch and moving towards the corner of the living room where a small mandir was attached on the wall. He lit the diya in front of God's deity, opened a small box which had teeka stored in it. He applied it on his forehead, took his belongings and left for work.

Raj Sharma, a typical boy from a small town, who shifted to Delhi after his Graduation to start preparing for a Government job. Yes, a typical boy with typical dreams. Just one case where he wasn't typical, to think of his Sapno ki Rani.

Nah! Not too desparate like the national bachelor Patrakar Popatlal, but he just wished to meet his first one soon. And wished more for her to be his last.

As he hummed while riding his bike to reach office, his thoughts crowded again to his single-hood seeing a couple eating golgappe together, for two reasons:

1. He was hungry and was now catching a sight of his beloved golgappe,

2. He was watching a happily married couple together.

Now before you ignore my saying and actually start considering him a desparate man who wants to marry, I would like to tell you that he is an expressive person. If he needs attention, he expresses it. If he feels affection towards someone, he expresses it. And which is why, he doesn't fail to express how much he waits for someone to rake her fingers in his hair while he rests his head in her lap.

I guess, pretty normal right?

He reached the office and after parking his bike, moved towards canteen where his two best friends, Diksha and Ritik were waiting for him.

Diksha was the homely vibing being who always made people around her, comfortable. So when she met these two men for the first time, she bonded quite soon and made it her habit to carry a meal for both of them along with her own, and that is how, the three of them had their breakfast together.

Ritik shared a look with Diksha while looking at Raj who was having his meal and they smirked.

"Mere sapno ki rani kab aayegi tu, aai ruk mastaani kab aayegi tu" Ritik sang, faking sincerity. Diksha pressed her lips together to control her laughter, looking at the annoyed look on Raj's face and then joined the karaoke, "Beeti jaye zindagani kab ayegi tu?"

Both of them then looked together and sang together, at the top of their lungs, "Chali aa tu, chali aa" and then shared a sound laughter.

Raj narrowed his eyes at them and then took hold of the fork placed in the holder on the table and murmured before throwing it at Ritik, "Tum jaise dost ho to dushman ki kise zarurat huh!"

Ritik fortunately caught it and dramatically put his hand on the side his heart resided, "Ae tu aadmi hai ki kaatil? Lag jaata mujhe saale!"

"Lagne ke liye hi fainka tha nautanki." Raj huffed before gulping the last bite of parantha and said sadly, "Kya yaar tum log mazak banate rehte ho mera.."

"Arre arre, hum to mazaak kar rahe the gadhe" Diksha side-hugged him which he reciprocated, then parted away, made a face, said, "Gadha nahi hu mai" and then hugged her again to which she chuckled.

"Oye main bhi hun" Ritik leaned to share a hug while Diksha and Raj showed him their middle finger to which he gasped and then jumped upon them to hug.

At the same time, somewhere else..

"Goooooooooooddddd moooorrrrrrrnnniiiiinnggggg maaaaaammmmmmm" The class of students echoed with the historic wish and a girl in her mid twenties entered the classroom with a serene smile on her pink lips; her black eyes that shone seeing kids, her ears adorned with silver jhumkas, her left wrist adorned with a black watch and her black wavy hair tied in a ponytail. She was wearing a baby pink kurta and black pants as a part of teacher's uniform in the school. 

She put the books on the table and wished them back before some students sat while the others made a group around her, with their cute queries and compliments.

"Ma'am you're looking very beautiful today." A fair complexioned cute girl said, raising her head to look at the teacher.

"Thank you pretty girl." The girl replied, looking at her student who smiled brightly and went back to her seat.

"Ma'am please check my copy.. ma'am no first check mine.." And that's how the kids started to make noise in the class.

"Okay first of all get back to your seats." She announced a little sternly. The children got back to their seats. She then took the marker and wrote the date on one corner of the whiteboard and then held the attendance register while taking their names and marking the attendance. She then announced, "First line, keep your copies on my table."

The students did as told and she said, "Today we'll play a game." The students shrieked in excitement before she announced again, "The row who'll make the maximum sound will be disqualified." The children quickly kept their index finger on their lips.

"Okay so I'll ask one question from every row related to your syllabus and will mark 1 point for every correct answer." She made three columns on the whiteboard and as she was about to start, a teacher of another class came and called for her, "Riddhima ma'am, could you please come for a moment?"

The girl, Riddhima looked at the teacher outside and then went to her. They discussed some subject related planners before the teacher departed back to her class and Riddhima joined back.

A/n: This was a starting sneak-peak to the story. A little more of Raj but we'll get to Riddhima too, in the upcoming chapters.

If you'd like the characters, please consider voting and sharing it among your peers.

Please vote and comment if you liked the story :)