Chapter 12

When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

------------

Weekend came soon. This weekend, Riddhima was busy in setting examination papers so when the bell rang and she noticed that Diksha is showering, She went with her phone in between her shoulder and ear and with documents in one hand and a pen in the other.

Raj showed up, amused seeing her. She actioned 5 minutes and then went back to her room and hurriedly sat on the study table, typing furiously on laptop.

"Yes ma'am I will include that as well. Yes!" Riddhima was constantly speaking and making changes.

Raj's eyes landed at her figure. She was looking effortlessly beautiful in her t-shirt and pajama with a messy bun out of which, many hair were escaping out. She had light frowns on her face, her eyes squinting a bit, looking at the screen as well as the sheets kept on the table. Her phone was also balanced between her hands or between her shoulder and ear at times.

However, managing it seemed difficult and that could be made out from her face.

"Yes ma'am, just a moment." Riddhima said, while again holding the phone and typing with the other while looking at the screen.

Raj stood up and went towards her. She looked at him and raised her eyebrows as if asking, What!

He looked around to find earphones. Of course she's a melophile. Earphones in her room would be obviously found somewhere.

He saw at the side-table to finally find them so he went and picked them up and then raised them in front of her face. She looked at them and smiled sheepishly while he shook his head at her childishness.

He bent a bit, slowly held her phone from between her shoulder and ear and plugged the earphone into it. Then he forwarded both sides of it to her and slowly made them plug inside her ears. All the while, she looked at him, while his focus was anywhere but her.

After he put her phone on the table, he accidentally caught her gaze and now both of them were in the eye stare. She was noticing his eyes from this near for the first time, and he was caught in the innocent quick movement of her eyes in his. Both of them forgot their surroundings and nobody made an attempt to back out, but also not an attempt to lean in.

They were just still, finding each other's face in each other's eyes.

"Ma'am can you listen to me?" The teacher on the other side said a little loudly but Riddhima was caught in his gaze.

The teacher disconnected the call and called once again. The shrill sound of the ringtone made Raj out of trance and he looked at her phone. He backed out and then muttered a, "Continue your work" and then went outside.

Riddhima also looked at the laptop, then his retreating figure and murmuring a small cuss word, took a sigh and sat back to work. Diksha came out of her room and saw Raj seated outside, pretending to look in his phone.

"Hii ! Kaisa hai?" Diksha asked, side hugging him.

"Badhiya. Tu bata. Finally naha hi li aaj." Raj said, teasing her.

"Teri jaisi nahi hu jo sirf har holi par nahau." Diksha said, making side faces.

Ritik who had just entered, laughed loudly at their bickering.

Diksha and Raj looked at him and then at each other.

"Tu kya has raha hai." Diksha said.

"Hum to fir bhi naha lete hain. Tu to bs 29 February me hi nahata hai. Huhh!" Raj said and then the two hi-fied while giggling.

"Achaa ji, teams ban rahi hain.! Ritik exclaimed and then looked at Riddhima who was coming out of her room.

"Tum bewafa ho kamino, meri team me to Riddhima hai bs!" Ritik said, going to her and side hugging her. Riddhima winked at him and the four then sat to talk.

"Yaar guys, bore ho raha hai!" Riddhima said, starting the plan.

"Haan mujhe bhi." Raj said, sitting properly while munching chips.

"Kya khelein?" Diksha said, having cold-drink.

"Gilli danda khelte hain chalo." Ritik said, switching tv channels with his legs dangling in the air.

"Badon ke beech me bache ni bolte. Chalo truth-dare khelte hain sare." Raj said to Ritik and then announced.

"Par truth-dare to fir badon ka game hua na!" Ritik said smirking.

"24 saal ka ghoda ho gaya hai, truth dare ke liye ab kya 60 saal ka intezar hai." Raj said, rolling his eyes.

"Par abhi to main bacha-" Ritik was to protest when Riddhima said, "Main bottle leke aati hun."

Now, the four were seated at the four sides of the table.

"Jiski side bottle ka muh aaya usko batana hai, aur jiski side flat, usko puchna hai.!" Riddhima said and looked at Raj. They were purposely sitting opposite to Ritik and Diksha to ask questions that make them confess.

"Haan haan, chalo start karte hain ab." Ritik said and spinned the bottle.

It landed on Raj with Diksha supposed to ask to him.

"Truth or Dare?" Diksha asked, smirking and rubbing her hands together.

"Dare!" Raj said calmly.

"Call aunty and tell her that you've found a girl for yourself." Diksha said quickly while Raj's eyeballs almost were out of their sockets.

"I what?" He said, as if trying to confirm.

"Call aunty and tell her that you've found a girl for yourself." She repeated with a wink and hi-fied with Ritik while Riddhima was giggling.

"Tumhe kis baat pe hasi aayi?" Raj narrowed his eyes at Riddhima.

"Gadhe ka juloos nikalta dekh maza aayega." She said slowly and the laughed loudly while the other two laughed as well. Raj looked as she laughed carefreely.

"Ohh dulhe ji, kahan kho gaye? Phone lagao aunty ji ko!" Ritik said, forwarding his phone to him.

He snatched the phone with a glare, took a deep breath while looking at them and then called his mother.

With every ring, his heart was beating faster. He didn't know what to say, how to say, but he was a stubborn kid from childhood, so how could he deny the dare.

"Hello!" His mom spoke as the four looked at the phone on speaker.

A/N: Cliffhanger sorry -_-

Wait for the next update <3

P.s: I am not aware how to maintain the pace of the stories nor do I have an idea for how to frame each draft. I just do it as per my idea so if there's anything I can improve, do let me know :)