16.Research

CHAPTER 16: RESEARCH

"It's hard to trust when all you have from the past is evidence of why you shouldn't."

ROSALIE'S POV

I'm bored and honestly I can't get what that shape shifter has said, out of my head, it's a lie no doubt but what if after 10 years of believing my brother is dead that maybe just maybe he's alive? Hell I'm mean this entry I don't know why I'm writing cause we all know Brett would've came and seen me by now there's no way he wouldn't, and why IF he's alive would he come after me? This whole things got me twisted and I'm thinking maybe I should tell the boys cause what if Brett happens to be out there? After we find Jackass- oops I meant John can't erase that cause its in pen but anyways what if after we find John we could research and look into Brett's death I mean all John had told us was that his foster family and Brett had died when i was fourteen I don't even wanna go into detail about my brothers death, but we trusted John he wouldn't lie about this. Would he? He couldn't be that cruel.... Okay I've decided I'm telling the boys and whatever they say will determine whether or not we look into this.

I shut my journal and look over at the boys with a sigh. I can do this. The boys will understand I mean we're searching for their father why not add Brett?

"Hey Maxine you okay?" Sam questions

"Um, no actually I'm not." At that the boys drop what their doing to look over at me and surprisingly Dean stops eating his pie.

"What's wrong Rose?" Dean questions

"Well, um there's this thing that um happened when we were dealing with the um shapeshifter and he said something and-" I stutter maybe this was a bad idea.

"Rose hey, calm down okay deep breaths you're fine just tell us what happened with the shapeshifter." Dean states

I take a deep breath, I can do this. " Okay well the shapeshifter had told me something and I'm starting to believe that I should've told y'all so I'm doing it now. BRETTS ALIVE, well actually he might be but I don't think the shapeshifter was lying about this."  I say panicking still while fidgeting with my necklace.

"Oh, um okay Maxine when did this happen exactly?" Sam questions

"Well it had happened when the shifter was taking form of Dean and hit you with a crowbar. When you were out he had told me that before shoving me in the Impala and well that's it." I say

"Okay" Dean mutters putting away his pie and rubbing his hands over his face.

"I mean I was thinking about looking into it and seeing if you know maybe my brother is alive after all." I state and Sam moves my hand away from my necklace his form of saying that I shouldn't fidget and just calm down.

"Well, I mean we have nothing to go on here and you heard it 10 years ago Dad said Brett had died with his foster family." Dean states sounding a tad bit frustrated.

"Yeah well John don't have the best track record for telling the truth you should know that Dean. I mean it's my brother for God's sake!" I say raising my tone cause I'll be damned if we're looking for john on practically nothing to go on but we can't do shit to look for my brother.

"Well it isn't as simple as you think Rosalie!" Dean replies getting to the point where he's raising his voice and Sam stands up to stop this before it turns into a screaming match.