riddle me this Oswald

Based on fanart above

Lee and Nygma have been in charge of the narrows for awhile. After Jerome died Lee and the Riddler started getting together.

Except for the fact they don't love each other. Well Ed thinks he does but he's always struggled with understanding his emotions.

Where on the other hand Thompkins knows she doesn't love him but she does care deeply for him. Besides she needs him to rob Gothams banks to get money for the people in the narrows.

But Cobblepot can see all of this. He's been trying desperately to convince Nygma of this. He won't admit it anymore but he loves Ed enough to not want him to get hurt.

He had finally convinced the riddler and they made a plan. With the help of swamp Butch of course. With the promise of finding a cure for him.

The Riddler led Lee to the bank where he met with Penguin and led her into the vault. The Riddler threw a fire bomb into the vault causing the alarm to go off and the bars to drop.

"Ed Why?" "My name is The Riddler!" he hissed at her "just explain why? I don't understand?" "Ed loved you Thompkins, not me! He just made me to blind to see that you don't love me!"

He pointed the gun at her "you'll be fine the boy scout won't let you go to jail"

And with that the 3 of them left leaving lee locked in the vault.

"Its good to have you back Oswald" "I admit that I'm glad your back and Ed is gone" The Riddler put his top hat on "so am I" they heard the cops outside

"how are they already here?" Asked Butch "come on, Jimbo has been looking into us since the moment he knew me and Lee where working together"

"What will we do?" Asked Oswald "we run and hope for the best" "some genius you are" "every genius plan starts with one an idiot can understand" "insightful" Oswald spoke sarcasticly.

They headed out the back door before the police came in. They headed back the Falcone mansion where Oswald and Butch had been laying low.

Butch didn't like the fact Oswald and the Riddler where partners again. He didn't want to be forgotten again. Not because he likes Cobblepot but because he needed Cobblepot to help him.

Once they got back The Riddler and Oswald entered the Kitchen "I thank you Cobblepot for freeing me from that cell Lee had me in" "well I couldn't just sit around while she manipulated my friend, the love of my life and my arch enemy" "that's quite a list" he smirked "too bad it's not longer"

He left and went to the bathroom to wash his face. He did prefer to be clean if it was an option. He turned the tap on and brought the water to his face.

"You surprise me"

He looked up "Why are you still here?" He hissed at his own reflection.

"Good question but I'm to stupid to know the answer aren't I?"

"Let me guess you aren't going to leave until I admit I like Lee. Well guess what? That's not going to happen because I don't like her"

"Gosh your stupider then I am"

He glared at his reflection before hearing a gun shot. He looked behind him then back at his reflection. Ed was gone but he spoke anyway "we'll finish this later"

He headed out the door. The room was destroyed. Everything was smashed and there where bullets in the walls.

He saw Butch standing against the wall "what happened here?" "The mad hatter stole your boyfriend" "what would he want with him?!"

"He said he didn't want him he needed him though" he sighed "Oswald is bait. He's still mad at me for threatening to blow him up"

"You are right Mr obvious" He glared at Butch "I prefered Grunde" he picked up his gun and put his top hat and glasses back on.

"Where are you going?" "I'm going to kill him" he started walking towards the door "You don't even know where they are" "you doubt my abilitys sweetheart"

He headed to the warehouse he had brought Tetch to before and as expected they where there.

"Riddler. It's great to see you again" Jervis said to him "I guess my lead helped you see where you need to meet with me" he pointed his gun at Jervis and he put a stopwatch in-front of Cobblepot. "Try it I dare you"

Cobblepot and riddler made eye contact. He looked back at Tetch "What do you want?" "We have a lot in common you and I. If only we saw eye to eye. Id suggest an alliance but I'm not that reliant. You come with me and I set your friend free"

He turned back to Oswald. Penguin didn't notice though "he won't do it you mad man! You have to think of a better idea!" "Oswald" he turned to the Riddler.

"I can break, I can be clogged, I can be attacked, I can be given, I can be kept, I can be crushed, yet I can be whole at the same time. What am I?" "Love?" The Riddler smiled at Oswald.

"I'll go with you Hatter" "you finally admit to the truth in your heart, too bad you won't be alive for a start"

"Are the rhymes natural or is there a lot of thinking before hand?" He grabbed Nygma shoving penguin away.

"I must say I will enjoy this" he pulled the riddler out of the warehouse and into a car parked at the side of the street as penguin screamed for him.

Oswald didn't know a lot of things but he knew one thing without a doubt. He wasnt going to let Jervis Tetch kill The Riddler.

That's when he heard it. The noise was deafining. His heart dropped. He heard a gun shot and the window of the car they where in splashed with blood. He couldn't see The Riddler anymore but he could see Jervis grinning waving while holding His gun.

The gun the Riddler used to kill Penguin, the gun he had threatened Oswald with, the gun that Cobblepot wished was pointed at him by The Riddler's hand.

Like it had been before. He loved him. He gave his life for him. Oswald couldn't help but hate him for taking so damn long to understand his feelings.

An:
Still don't know how these one shots work fully but I'm considering doing one more part. I've seen part 2s of stuff in one shots. But I'll only do it if I find a fanart that suits my idea.