Prologue

12 years ago:

         "Happy birthday dear Sasaki Y/n! Happy birthday to youuuuu!" my friends and family sung.

"Thwank you gwuys!"

That was my fifth birthday! also the day I met the Rengoku family, my mom said that our grandfather made a deal with their grandfather that the next girl in our generation would have to marry the next male in their family that was closest to my age. Why did our grandfathers make this deal you may ask? well I didn't really understand it then but if you were born a girl in this clan then you would be sent off to the red light district as woman were showed as weak and powerless even if we could heal with our blood.

My grandfather thought it would be a good idea considering I wouldn't have to go to the red light district and I would not have to find a husband as I would already have one, the Rengoku's grandfather wanted it for power, they know that we have a long line of Ice Hashira and that we could help them in the long run.

The boy I'm supposed to marry when I get older is named Rengoku Kyojuro, I don't want to want to make him uncomfortable so I call him his last name instead of his first.

"You too should go play for a bit in the gardens while we talk things over" my mother said softly.

"Otay mama!"

We got to the gardens and I looked over at him, he had short yellow hair with red tips, and golden eyes with bits of red it them, he seemed really friendly!

"Hewwo! I'm Sasaki, Sasaki Y/n!"

"nice to meet you I'm Rengoku Kyojuro and I'm this many fingers years old!" he says while holding up six fingers.

I laugh a bit  and realize we are going to be best friends!

2 years later:

        Me and my family moved farther away last year for some peace, our estate is bigger than our last and is more secluded. Me and Kyojuro send letter to each other everyday using our fathers crows! Today was his brother Senjuro's first birthday! so I decided to make him a little bracelet and attach it for his brother!

"here you go saru!(fathers crows name) send this bracelet to Senjuro and the letter to kyojuro! thank you!" 

"Y/N COME EAT! TONIGHT WE ARE HAVING MISO SOUP!" I heard my mother yell

As I walked to the dining room I can see that everyone is there, my mama, my father, and my oni-chan! I sit down and pick up my chopsticks and start to eat my soup. I am about halfway done with my soup when suddenly we heard the front door open, as if on instinct my dad grabbed his katana and ran towards the sound.

We here footsteps coming and I look up to see a man with black hair and red eyes, my mom immediately stands in front of him and tells us to run, we do as told seeing the guy had blood on him, my brother is two years younger than me so I pick him up with all my strength and run and I can get him out faster, then we heard my mother scream, the worst scream I have ever heard only pushing me to go faster. We get to the door and I throw him out.

"RUN HARU, GO QUICKLY, GET SOMEWHERE SAFE, TRY TO FIND THE RENGOKU'S JUST GET SOMEWHERE SAFE I'LL HOLD HIM OFF" I screamed with as much power as a seven year old can have, not a lot but enough to get him to go.

Suddenly the door is slammed closed and I feel a gush of wind behind me, I look up to see the same red eyes that just killed my parents.

"You're quite tough for a kid aren't you" he said slowly "why don't you become a demon like me!  and we could be friends forever!

"I would never become like you, you're a monster!"

"Well you don't really have a choice, not sorry to break it to you kid" 

suddenly I heard the sound of a Biwa and we were somewhere else, it was big and weird, traditionally styled, but the rooms were sideways?......and upside down???? this is really odd..... I don't have a good feeling about this. All the sudden I look down to feel a sharp pain in my waist only to see I have been injected with something causing me immense pain as I started to twitch.

Rengoku's pov: 

               "CAW CAW SASAKI FAMILY DEAD, ONLY SURVIVOR, SASAKI HARU, AGE FIVE, SASAKI FAMILY DEAD, ONLY SURVIVOR, SASAKI HARU, AGE FIVE CAW CAW" said our crow saru.

The whole family besides Senjuro is crying, Rika was sad about y/m, Shinjiro was sad about y/f, and Kyojuro was overall sad you died, he trained harder so that he could avenge you.

HIIIII WELCOME TO THE FIRST PART OF THIS BOOK! SO THIS MAY BE SHORT BUT I HOPE YALL ENJOY!