Chapter Six - The Key and Door

"Shall we go try to find the library now, Alexandria?" Crowley said his words laced with a hint of teasing, a playful glint in his eyes as he led her away from everyone in the ballroom. As they walk towards a secluded door near the buffet table, Crowley can't help but wonder about the intensity of his reaction to seeing her with Mr.Ackerly. He pushes those thoughts aside for now, focusing on their mission. After all, it's not every day that a demon and angel team up to stop the apocalypse from happening.

Crowley and Alexandria stand near the door. Crowley grasps the doorknob in his hand and pushes the door open slightly. He looks around quickly and makes sure nobody is watching them. He urges Alexandria to go through the door first, and they follow after her. Crowley takes a moment to survey the ballroom before they shut the door, ensuring nobody is watching them. After seeing no eyes on him, he shuts the door gently and as fast as possible to avoid drawing attention to them.

The two are greeted by a dimly lit corridor adorned with ancient tapestries and flickering torches. Alexandria begins to stumble backward and falls into Crowley's chest. With her left hand, she accidentally grabs a hold of Crowley's thigh during the fall backward. She didn't realize how much darker it would be in the corridor compared to the ballroom. Crowley feels her hand brush against his thigh, an unexpected sensation that sends a shiver down their spine, though he tries his best not to show it. Crowley's initial surprise at Alexandria's stumble quickly fades into amusement as she stammers out her apologies.

"Oh! I am so sorry! I did not mean to fall-" She looks down at her hand and becomes flustered. "Oh... um... I didn't mean to... to grab you like that, either." She pulls her hand away quickly and steps away from Crowley, trying to compose herself. Alexandria adjusts her dress and keeps her eyes away from Crowley, not wanting to see his reaction of embarrassment and fear.
"It's quite alright, Alexandria," Crowley reassures her, his voice smooth and composed despite the unexpected intimacy. "No harm done."

He watches as she steps away, her eyes avoiding his gaze, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment. Crowley can't help but find her endearing in that moment, her vulnerability adding a new layer to their already complex dynamic.

"There's no need to be flustered," Crowley adds, a faint smile playing at the corners of their lips. "Navigating these ancient corridors can be quite disorienting, even for the most seasoned travelers." Crowley gestures for Alexandria to follow him as he leads the way, his footsteps echoing softly against the stone floor.
They navigate through the labyrinthine corridors, occasionally encountering other beings who give them curious glances but ultimately pay them no mind. Crowley's senses are on high alert, attuned to any sign of danger or interference. Despite the gravity of their mission, there's a sense of exhilaration coursing through him at the prospect of unraveling ancient mysteries with Alexandria by his side.

"Do you know where the library is? I feel like we could get lost in all these corridors, especially with all these twists and turns. I don't know if I could get us back to the ballroom." Alexandria says with a bit of panic in her voice. After hearing Alexandria say this without looking backward, Crowley grabs her hand and continues walking. Trying to soothe her anxiety, he begins to rub circles with his thumb into her hand. "The library should be just beyond this passage," says Crowley.

Crowley's touch brings a sense of reassurance to Alexandria, his thumb tracing soothing circles on her hand as they navigate the labyrinthine corridors. Her panic begins to subside, replaced by a growing sense of trust in her unlikely companion.

"I trust your instincts, Crowley," Alexandria replies, her voice steadier now, buoyed by his calm presence. "Lead the way."

With Crowley guiding her, Alexandria feels a newfound confidence coursing through her veins. Despite the darkness surrounding them, she knows they are united in their mission, bound by a shared purpose that transcends the complexities of their natures.