Chapter 4.

Sleeping had felt like the best decision I could have made yesterday. maybe that would be my new way to just deal with all the feelings. I felt so much lighter than yesterday. The thought of having to deal with everyone's speech today about my behaviour yesterday did feel like a nightmare. But, I will just make a plan of avoidance. If I have mastered one thing, It would be to avoid dreadfull conversations. To my surprise, I was the first one up. All the boys were still sound a sleep. I got myself ready to head downstairs, if the boys aren't awake yet I maybe could go for a smoke. 

"Aah, someone is still alive I see" Marlene was lying on the couch in the common room, book in hand. Clearly relaxed and ready for the day to come. 
"I knew you missed me" I walked towards the couch. She laid with her head on the armrest, legs towards the other end. I knelt behind the armrest. "Pride and prejudice, so pretentious"
She turned her head up to look at me. "Okay grumpy, what is a good book according to you than" She challenged me. "Didn't see myself as a reader" I straightened up. 
"No, more for a smoker I assume" Mischief gleamed in her eyes. How does she always know. 
I put the sigaret in between my lips, no need to act anymore anyways. 
"Do you have a problem with that?" She chuckled, closed her book and leaned down to her backpack. "No, I noticed you wouldn't stop with your new habit anytime soon" She threw me a new pack. Surprised I got the sigarets. "You got me more?" 
"Yeah, of course, they help you relax abit" She stated with zero judgement. I walked out of the common room towards Hagrid hut. Fangs already heard me coming and ran my way. 
I smoked my sigaret while fangs joined me on my walk, I could get used to this. It is that I love my owl otherwise I would have gotten myself a dog. 

The common room was busy for breakfast once I came in. The boys were at our ussual spot, I got seated in my spot next to James. 
"You okay?" He asked, his head half turned my way. 
"Of course" The answer was good enough to my surprise, as he went back to his breakfast. 
"I can't believe this" Remus exclaimed, news paper in his hand. Another muggle attack, and the minster still denies the pattern. Peter immediately went to look at the news paper with Remus. 
Would that be it? No speech from them? I was confused, not in a bad way. I rather have them not judge me, but I would also as their friend tell them when they were acting stupid. Maybe they didn't know, maybe Lilly hadn't told them I had punched Snivellus. Where was he anyways? 
I scanned the slytherin table. Snivellus was no where to be seen, regulus was there. Sitting with his friends. He was quiet, not that he was a loud person. He wasn't like me in that sense. Him and his friends were also looking at the news paper. Why weren't they as shocked as Remus?
"Can I see the paper?" Remus looked up. "You never read the paper" He stated while handing it to me. I quickly scanned, James looked at me and than the paper as well. The attack wasn't on just muggles, it was on a family. A half blood family...
The kallens, I knew that name. My parents would always talk about that Kallen boy. What was his name....  they used to be pure bloods but than they mingled with muggles. Mom would always use them as example, that would happen when you marry a lower born she would say. Of course she meant that the Kallens had so much muggle blood in their family now that not every Kallen was a wizard anymore. As if that actually mattered to them, not being a wizard didnt mean end of life. Atleast not to them... It is not even like they are poor muggles. 
And now, that whole family, just gone... 

The school was divided, I felt it after the paper was read this morning. You had 3 groups, you always had 3 groups. Most people were in group number 1, they read it and went on with their day. Why wouldn't you if it didn't effect you immediately. Most hufflepuffs and ravenclaws did so, it  made sense, they didn't even know the Kallens. Not like they didn't find it sad. I had heard Elizabeth and Penelope talk about the loss it must have been for their relatives. Group 2 consited mostly out of Gryffindors. The Kallens for their last few generations were sorted into Gryffindor. Only a few families were mostly sorted into one house. With my own being one of them for the Slytherin house. Your name and heritage become entwined with the house, as if you are royalty within that house. I couldn't say that was the same for the Kallens. They had so little wizards the past few years that you can barely even count them as a wizarding family. I guess tragedy does that tho, suddenly make you a bigger part of a group than you were. The biggest divide was in the Slytherin house, Most of them just decided to stand up for their house. Which was hard, if your house decided that the loss of the Kallens wasn't worth all this fuss. 
I was looking for Regulus, I didn't care about houses and groups at this moment. I felt all these divided tentions in the air and I knew what that meant. I meant a house class and I knew I would be one of the boys to fight for gryffindor. It was a no brained actually. I was one of the best dualists and I would never back down for a fight. Regulus was sitting in the Libary. He looked calm, not affected or maybe ignorant to the atmosphere change. 

Sirius Black: Heritage unspokenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें