Part one: [1] First Day trying out questable coffee, I consider my options.

Kai kept his hand to his mouth as he let out a yawn and rubbed his eyes like an 8 year old as he and his friend, Cole sat in the first sort of an assembly of Collage. The chair was uncomfortable against his ass and he was very sleep deprived from last night staying up to play video games with Cole, who seemed totally alive and kicking in the morning somehow, Kai better steal his secret before he starts falling asleep during lectures as well.

“It’s too early for this”

Kai groaned and he tried to cancel out the chattering from the other people around him and holding on to Cole’s arm like a baby. Cole rolled his eyes but laughed and messed up Kai’s hair,
“You did totally fine last year didn’t you”

“It was different then alright. This year I really want to focus. This is probably gonna be my last year before Nya gets here and my life as her hot older brother begins”

“Like you were so flattering, ever”

“Keep that to yourself”

Cole chuckled and nodded. Kai smiled and turned his head forwards as the new professors came in and the sort of assembly started.

“I’m surprised that they didn’t give us any ‘homework’” Kai said, laying upside down over his head and tapping against his gaming console.

“Now your asking for it hothead”

“Oh shut up gay ass”

It was weird though; Cole had only told Kai about him being gay and Kai was fully welcome to it. It took him a while to figure out his own but now Kai is sure he was bisexual. People might’ve been suspicious of the two, very close friends, always hanging out together and having fun but Kai could never fall for Cole, and vice versa.

“Soooo, wanna grab some boba in the evening?”

“You mean now cuz the sun is almost gone” Cole said with a grin. Kai quickly sat up and looked  out the window, sure enough it was getting dark and he had no idea how long he had been playing.

“Oh shit- I’ll get ready” Kai ran to the bathroom and shut the door.

-----

“Why is it so hot today?” Cole groaned as he kept his arm over his eyes to shield his eyes from the sun.

“Oh really? I didn’t notice” Kai tipped his sunglasses and winked at Cole making his friend scowl. “You really gotta rub it in don’t you?”
“Says who?” Kai said meekly and set his sunglasses back. Cole had forgotten his so he was suffering while Kai grabbed his last minute. They arrived at the café a few minutes later. Kai walked to the counter, ordered a strawberry milk tea with cherry blossom pearls, and took a seat on one of the barstools at the counter. After about 5 minutes of Kai watching Cole struggle to order a drink, the ravenette sat next to him.

“So, what did you get?"

“Taro. You know me."
When Cole said this, Kai thought back to the first time he had seen this happen. In Kai’s freshman year of college, Cole had taken him to the café for the first time and Kai had watched his friend try to ask for a passion fruit tea with cherry blossom pearls and mango popping boba, but ended up getting a taro which then became ‘the usual’, shortening it down to a few words.
“I felt confident tonight so I tried to order a different one than usual, but I ended up just ordering ‘the usual’," Cole said, snapping Kai back to the present. Kai heard someone walk up to the counter where he and Cole were sitting.

“Excuse me… uhm- Is this seat taken?”

From the sound of their voice, Kai almost could've sworn it was a girl speaking, but as he turned to respond, he was met with a red curly haired boy with freckles and ocean eyes. Still shocked to see a boy standing there, Kai responded,