[3] Maybe it wasn't the best idea

Part one
[3]
Maybe it wasn't the best idea

Kai’s POV
As Kai entered the lecture hall, he couldn't keep his mind off what Skylor had said about Jay. He especially didn't like the way she seemed so disgusted with it. Why should she care what he wanted to identify as? It was really none of her business, he figured, and she was best to stay out of it. Kai could be friends with whoever he wanted. He noticed Jay’s curly red hair across the room as the few stray students filed into the hall. He found his way to where Jay was sitting.

“Mind if I sit here?"

“Yeah, sure, I don't mind. You can sit here." Kai wasn't sure if he should listen to Skylor or if she was being toxic and possessive like she’d been known to do.

“I- I'm so sorry for running off like that before-”

Kai couldn't make eye contact but he felt Jay's eyes widen, “n- no problem at all, totally fine,” he said with a nervous chuckle. Kai sighed, relieved that he wasn't upset.

-----

“Pull me all the files on Skylor,” Kai said to Cole while lying on the carpet, staring at the ceiling.

“Why so interested in a girl?” Cole teased making Kai go red. “Unlike you, I have my priorities,” he snapped back, making Cole laugh.
“I mean, you know a lot of people around here so might as well ask”
“Yeah you're right.”
“Skylor was uhm… prom queen in highschool for about two years straight. I think she also does cheerleading in uni now. Regarding relationship status…” Cole paused and eyed Kai, who had begun to blush.
“For all I know she's single at the moment,” he finished, glaring at Kai. His brow furrowed and he clearly felt as if Kai was keeping a secret from him.

“She's not, is she?” Cole raised an eyebrow. Kai went red, he was caught. Well, neither Kai nor Skylor had officially decided to hide their relationship. Kai just came clean to Cole.
“I'm glad you got someone but I'm a little pissed off that you lied to me.”
“Yeah, sorry about that,” Kai chuckled nervously. The two sat in silence for a few minutes. Kai, feeling very reckless, immediately got up, unable to take the silence, and stormed to his bed, throwing himself over his sheets and screaming into his pillow. He remained in the position for a minute or two before turning on his back to face the ceiling.

“Yeah, I got Skylor. And we're…” he chewed his lip, was he hesitating? He should be happy and cheery and shit.
“We're fine.” he decided at last. Cole nodded thoughtfully and leaned back on his hair with a little grin. Kai chuckled, “you seem happier than I am.” Cole laughed, “you get used to it. It's nice having you occupied by someone, Skylor is okay.”

-----

Kai waited in an empty hallway when he had a free period; Skylor had asked to meet him there. Kai knew her reasons. He was kind of excited and almost missed most of his notes in the lectures previously.

“Hey.”

Kai grinned and kept his hand against the wall, his seductive edge showing. Skylor looked a bit red and walked closer. Kai grabbed his moment and leaned in to kiss her. Skylor kissed him back, her hands cupping Kai's cheeks as the kiss deepened. Kai smirked and brought his hands to Skylor's hip,her back on the wall as he kissed over her.

Skylor finally parted their lips and panted, Kai also felt his hot breath and chuckled, “well that was nice,” he remarked with a smirk. Skylor smirked and pulled him by his shirt for a kiss again, this time her hands finding their way resting on Kai's shoulders. It didn't last long and she moved one of her hands over Kai's neck, worked her way down to his collar and blindly fiddled with it. Kai however felt very much turned on. It felt nice, kissing a girl and actually dating someone as pretty as Skylor. Getting drunk from the utter pleasure he was having right now Kai felt very hot, his palms burned on itself and his clothes felt tighter on him. He kissed Skylor roughly, also getting a reply in a more rougher form.