The Buddy System

Y/N stirred awake from her phone vibrating on the bedside table. With a quiet groan, she sat up and rubbed her eyes as she let her vision clear up. She looked at Scrooge's sleeping figure with a smile as she slipped out of bed, grabbing her phone.

"Hello?" She moved her hair to the side and spoke into the phone. The other person in the call was hardly audible to understand, but Y/N got every third word about spending time with her and her brother.

"Okay. I'll mark down a day and update you when I can." She sighed as she ended the call, placing the phone on the bedside table.

Exiting Scrooge's room, Y/N now wears business attire with her hair neatly put together as she walks down the stairs and to the kitchen, where she sees her brother starting to prepare breakfast.

"Seb, you can't just cook bacon and not make any pancakes." She said she was getting pancake mix from the cupboard.

"I know, but still, the kids would love bacon."
"True, but still."

Y/N placed the mix beside him as she rolled up her sleeves, catching his attention.

"It's so early in the morning for you to be all dressed up. So what's the deal with that?" Sebastian arched a brow as he met her gaze.

"I just had a meeting with some young genius who, by the way, has been non-stop emailing the company for some reason, and I finally agreed to meet with them just so they could stop."

"However, you own a clothing company. All I hope is that this genius knows how to use clothes and anything else they have in mind."

"I hope so." The two cook and prepare in silence till a plate is thrown their way, causing them to flinch and grab pans ready to throw them.

"Bentina?"

"You could hurt someone you know?" The two lowered the pans as Beakley frowned at them.

"I apologize. I'm not used to having others awake before me."
"We understand, and would you mind setting the table?" Beakley grabbed some plates already filled with bacon and pancakes and placed them on the table.

"Seb, help Bentina with the rest. I'll go wake up Scrooge and the kids." And with that, she washed her hands and walked up the stairs into the boys room.

"Huey, Louie, Dewey, it's time to get up. There is breakfast with bacon." Y/N said, dragging out the word 'bacon' which made them spring out of bed, so she left them to get ready and went to scrooge.

"Scrooge, wake up," she said, shaking him lightly, causing him to grab her, pulling her onto the bed.

"Just stay for a bit, lass..."
"Scrooge, I have a meeting, and you can't stay in bed all day." Y/N tried to get out of bed, but Scrooge held her close to him.

"Scrooge."
"Mmh?"

"The kids will eat everything that's for breakfast if you don't get up." With that said, his eyes shot open. Quickly, he got changed, dragging her along with him, just as the boys and Webby were getting on the stairs and looking at them.

"GO!"

Just like that, the two adults raced the four kids down the stairs and to the table.