17

"I'm so hungry man,"I see Johnny taking a seat on the bench. "Diet week is the worst."he leaned back.

"That's why you've been eating secretly at night?"I look at him.

"How do you know?"

"Your wife saw you eating your daughters leftover after you all went to bed bro..."I laugh at his face. "I saw her at Starbucks today.

"Starbucks?"he raised his eyebrows.

"Dude, coffee is included in the diet."

"I'm just a goalie, why do I need to follow your diet man? You're the ones running."he shakes his head before standing up.
Even our coach follows the diet which is insane to me.

"Brown!"I hear, seeing Matt walking towards me. He sat down right next to me and untied his skates.
The game starts in an hour and most of the guys headed to the back to change into their jerseys.

"Hey"I give him a nod before I start untying my skates too. "What's up?"

"Can we talk?"

"Sure. About?"

"May."he ran his fingers through his messy hair.
I wonder why he wants to talk about her. Especially after whatever he did that made May cry.

"I don't think it's time to talk about May?"I look away.

"I just wanted to ask for the bracelet. I need it back."He leaned his back on the cold wall.

"What bracelet?" What the hell he wants the bracelet?

"The bracelet May gave you that night."

"Why do you want something that's not yours?"I now get up.

"It's actually mine. That's why I said I want it back." Matt copied me.

"Yours?" I scoffed. Since when Matt owns bracelets with butterflies on them? What a joke he is...this man,really.

"She told me to keep it so it's mine."

"When did she tell you to keep it? And why didn't you ask for it back then?"

"She told me to keep it that night and I threw it away..."

"You threw it away?"

"Yeah, and she found it when she was about to leave. I saw it."

"I don't understand. Why would May give you the bracelet? You don't know each other well enough to gift things. And since she gave it to you, why did you throw it away? Why do you want it back? What the hell is actually going on? I'm trying to understand why all these things happen but I get no answers and it drives me crazy-"

"Why? Do you like May? Why do you want to know?"

"She's my friend."

"She's your friend? You didn't even know each other on your first game here."Matt tried to keep his voice low but failed in the end. He got some people's attention.

"Yeah? Who do you think she came to watch playing then? You?" I ask and see him coming closer. He grabbed my jersey and pushed me on the wall. He wanted to hit me but since people were around he let go of me.

"Just give me the bracelet. Please. It's important..."

"You wouldn't throw it away if it really was."I push him back and start walking down the corridor. He was following me. "Tell me one thing."I stop and look at him before I open the door to our locker room. May was crying when she told me to throw the bracelet away. She was also crying at Isaiah's game and I now understand that he was the reason she cried both times.