⁓Chapter 10⁓♪

⁓ Unedited ⁓

                                                                 ⁓ Unedited ⁓

oh shit.

My entire body tense as he stood before me in all his masculine glory.

"Play it cool, Avi," I silently remind myself, willing my attention back to the book in front of me. Suddenly, the words on the page seem to leap out, capturing my full attention. My heart quickens its pace, and warmth spreads through my skin, sending a flush of heat through my body. My hands, one holding the book and the other resting in my lap, tremble slightly with nerves, betraying the calm exterior I'm trying to maintain.

shit...

The chair in front of me is abruptly pulled out, and the sound of his bag hitting the floor and him sitting down rings through the awkward silence.

Why is he sitting down?

Oh god , lord I know I ask for much, but just this one time, can you please make him go away, anywhere, just not here. I beg

"Anna," his deep, smooth, silky voice calls out.  

That stupid nickname he gave me—why does it ignite giddy feelings within my tummy.

I don't like that at all.

I continue my bright idea, that is, ignoring him, failing awfully, by the way.

He chuckled, saying, "I know you can hear me sweetness".

I can't help but scoff at his words, taken back by his boldness to address me with such a familiar term as "sweetness," especially considering he claimed not to know me just a few weeks ago.

If calling me by my nickname wasn't enough,  he reaches forward to capture my fingers, holding the book upright. A surprised gasp escapes my lips at his boldness. I instinctively snatch my hand away from his, shooting him a glare in the process. However, all I'm met with is a grin on his face. Confusion washes over me. What could he possibly find amusing about this situation? I can't help but sneer in his direction, feeling a mix of frustration and bewilderment at his behavior.

"I've never known you to be so quiet, sweetness. Usually, it's you doing most of the talking between us," he remarks casually.

"Well, it stinks when your on the other side of the fog, doesn't it? "I respond, my tone laced with a hint of venom.

"What are you talking about?"

Confusion clouds his expression as he looks at me cluelessly, prompting me to wonder if he's genuinely serious. The audacity of this man! It's no wonder that many naive individuals might fall for his charm, only to realize they've been treated as disposable, like the dirt beneath his expensive shoes.