Chapter 6

𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙳 𝙰𝙵𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟸𝟿 𝙾𝙵 𝚂𝙴𝙴 𝙼𝙴
*:・゚✧*:༶•┈┈୨ ☆ ୧┈┈•༶ *:✧*:・゚

"So I should come back?" Atlas asked, taking a step towards the screen his dad was displaying on.

"...no," Nicolas said after a while, "no, don't. Stay there—"

"I'll be trapped in here, Dad," he stepped forward again, a surge of anger forming. I took a deep breath as another emotion hit me, then another, my eyes roaming around, "and I don't even know for how long."

I couldn't even hear what Nicolas said next because Atlas wasn't just angry anymore, he was disappointed? Hurt? I don't know, a mix of them, I think. It was too much though. He had too much emotions all the time.

When he's angry, he's really angry, when he's worried, I can barely feel anything but it. When he's happy or excited, like today in the simulation pod, it's so overwhelming.

I saw him turn, his eyes meeting mine but didn't say anything, just huffing out an a frustrated breath and brushing past me. I saw Emma and Kai arguing about something I missed, closing my eyes when their frustration hit me too. I needed to get out of here.

I turned and headed outside, nobody even noticing, letting out a breath as if it would get rid of all these emotions with it. I walked back to the dining room we were just in and then stopped in my tracks. Why is he always everywhere I go when I want to be alone?

I saw him run a hand through his hair, pace up and down. I felt his anger more and more with each movement, my eyes following him. I should go. He didn't even notice me yet, he was here first so I should leave. I didn't. I just stayed like this. I don't think I've ever seen him this mad, even at me.

He looked up and was about to look away but did a double take, blinking at me, "did you want something?"

I shook my head, looking away, sensing his emotions shift to hurt. Hurt and anger at the same time. Why was he hurt to see me?

"If you really don't want to be here," I started, knowing damn well I should just shut my mouth, "why did you come in the first place?"

"I don't think I woke up one day and thought to myself hey, let's go to North America and fight evil alright?"

"I didn't say that," I cleared my throat, "I'm just saying why didn't you say no to your parents? You bragged a lot about how you can get what you want, I'm sure they wouldn't say no to you."

"Wouldn't—" he cut himself off with a chuckle, burying his face in one hand before looking back up, "you're unbelievable."

"What—"

"Just because you know how I feel thanks to your powers," he started walking towards me, "doesn't mean you know everything."

"I never said that," I crossed my arms but he kept walking until he was right in front of me, his anger showing more, "I'm just saying you could have avoided all of this by one word if you—"

"I never bragged about what I can or can't have, maybe you sensed it and couldn't even tell if I told you or not," he stepped even closer, my back hitting the wall next to the door, "you don't even know if your memories are real or just emotions you sensed, so don't give me solutions about something you don't know."