Chapter 7

𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙳 𝙰𝙵𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝟹𝟷 𝙾𝙵 𝚂𝙴𝙴 𝙼𝙴
*:・゚✧*:༶•┈┈୨ ☆ ୧┈┈•༶ *:✧*:・゚

I heard faint voices around me, my head pounding. I tried to open my eyes but couldn't. Wake up.

What even happened? I urged my mind to remember, taking steps backwards through my memories.

The accident.

I haven't woken up. Am I in a hospital? I couldn't feel anything, my body was numb. No, not numb. It was... cold. So cold that I couldn't feel my nerves anymore. Did I... die? Is that what it feels like to be dead?

The thought terrified me, my heart racing at the idea— my heart. It's beating. I can't be dead if it's hammering against my chest the way it is right now, right? I don't want to die. I don't want to go right now.

I tried to move, to open my eyes. You're awake. You're alive. Wake up.

Nothing. I couldn't move a finger. The faint voices grew louder, but nothing close to clearer. I couldn't make up their voice or what they were saying. Is that Dad? Is he here? Am I in a hospital?

I tried to open my eyes to call for him. Dad, I'm not dead. I don't think it came out, I could barely even hear my own voice in my head. Is mum here? She knows how to wake me up when I sleep too much, get her here.

Then a wave of coldness washed over me, my body going from cold to freezing, followed by a surge of panic. Something was wrong. Something was very wrong.

I waited for someone to do something, for Dad to hold my hand and tell me to breathe, for Mum to tell me she's here, for Zade to tell me I can't die attend his graduation ceremony and take tons of pictures of him like I promised.

But no one came. No one spoke to me. No one touched me. I was alone in the darkness, with only a faint beeping sound as my companion.

Then the beeping sound stopped. I sensed a change in the air— no, I didn't feel the air. It got knocked out of my chest, leaving me alone. I felt a numbness creeping up my limbs, reaching my chest, my neck, my head. I felt a darkness enveloping my mind, my soul, erasing my existence as I tried to scream that I can still hold on.

Then I felt nothing.