Chapter 26

Raphael carried his unconscious son through the corridors of his estate, making sure that his wings didn't drag on the ground.

He headed for the room he had prepared for him. This was quite large and contained a large bed with sky blue bedding on the back wall. In addition, there was a closet and a chest of drawers on the left wall, which he would fill with clothes of Aleks' size. He had direct access to a washroom, but that's all there was to it. Aleks would still fill and redesign this space at his personal discretion.

Carefully, he laid the injured angel on the bed and began to free him from his clothes to wash the blood and dirt from him. He made sure to spread the wings sideways so that they could heal. His gaze fell on Aleks' bond mark and the two amulets on his neck. So he has kept two of the three as a piece of memory and wears them on his body. Sayenne...

Then his gaze fell on a vertical scar from his lower abdomen to his navel. He stroked it with his fingertips. It's not old yet. Did someone open his stomach with a knife? The scar was smooth and well stitched. What did they do to you? Once again, he poured some of his healing magic into Aleks' body. It would take him a few days before he could move again.

There was a knock at the door and Gadriel, a close confidant of Raphael, entered. "Sire, I've got what you've been asking for," he said.

Gadriel was about 5' 9'' tall, had white wings like most angels and had light brown hair that reached his shoulders. His eyes were brown-orange and he had a slimmer build. He looked at his archangel leaning over the body of another angel.

"Give it to me," he said and, without taking his eyes off the angel, stretched out his hand in Gadriel's direction.

Gadriel stepped closer and gave the neck ring to his Sire. It was an angelic shackle, one that robbed an angel of all angelic abilities except his own ability to heal. He didn't know why his Sire put it around the angel's neck, but one thing was clear – this angel was Raphael's prisoner.

What did he do to enrage an archangel? When Gadriel approached and saw the angel's face and wings, he sucked in the air sharply. That is not possible. "Sire, is that-"

"Yes, it's my son," said the archangel, lovingly stroking Aleks' bluish cheek.

The Sire has a son? Is he the one my Sire had been looking for for a quarter of a century? It was unmistakable that the injured angel was descended from Raphael, because only Raphael had silver wings, even if he often dyed them white so as not to cause a stir. The traits were also similar to Raphael's. Benevolent gods.

Archangels rarely had offspring, he knew only Camael, who had taken the position of his father. Then maybe I'll be standing in front of a future archangel.

"Gadriel, when Aleksander wakes up, show him around and explain everything to him," his sire instructed him and rose after covering his son. There was a painful expression on his face for a moment.

"If I may ask a question, why don't you do that?"

"Because he doesn't want to see me... for now," the archangel replied, and then left the room.

Gadriel stayed behind and looked thoughtfully at the sleeping angel.

When Aleks opened his eyes, he groaned in pain. His whole body ached as if he had a huge sore muscle. Hell, what happened? He blinked several times and then looked around the room he was in. Where am I?