Chapter 24

Percival's POV

I groan slightly when I see that Denver is calling me, and I already have a feeling that I don't want to know anything that he has to say.

I decide to pick it up anyway, and I sit on the bed, before I greet him.

"Hey, I want you and Gabriel to come to my office, as soon as you can." Denver tells me, and I frown.

"Is something wrong?" I ask him.

"No I just have to talk with the both of you about something, and I'm not sure if I will have the time to do that in the evening." He tells me.

"We will be there soon." I say, and then I hang up.

I look at the bathroom door, and I wonder how long it will take Gabriel to clean himself, and if I should tell him to do it quickly.

But then I remember that his hearing is better than mine, so he most likely already knows that Denver expects to see us.

A few minutes later, he come out of the bathroom, and I tell him that we have to talk with Denver.

So, he dresses in some clean clothes, and then we walk outside, with the guards following us.

When we reach the pack house we go straight to Denver's office, and he opens the door for us only a few seconds after I knock on them.

"What do you have to talk to us about." I ask him, before I sit on one of the chairs which is in front of Denver's desk.

"We had a voting about your situation." Denver tells me, and then he looks at Gabriel who now looks scared.

"And we decided that we won't make you stay with Julie, at least not for now.

But we will have to try to figure out what's going on with your bond, so you might have to see her sometimes." Denver tells him.

"Can Percival and I stay together?" Gabriel asks Denver, and he looks between us, before he sighs in annoyance.

"Well, I voted on letting you stay together, until we will figure out what's going on, but I got overvoted." Denver says, and the both of us start to look very pale, which makes him chuckle.

"But." He tells us. "I managed to convince them that we should let you stay together.

To make sure that the both of you will be protected better, especially now that Julie threatened Percival and went to Gabriel with a knife." Denver says.

"Does that mean that we can be together?" Gabriel asks hopefully.

"For now, but I won't allow you to mate, because that might not end well for either of you or Julie." Denver says, and we nod in agreement.

"I will make sure to give you a few more guards, but you can go now." Denver says, and we thank him, before we stand up.

We decide to go straight to the house, and when I look at the guards, I quickly realise that there are already a lot more of them here.

So, I guess that Denver informed them that they will stay with us before we even came here.