Chapter 5: Bad Decisions

March 23rd 2022

Lisa wakes up with a pounding headache, rubbing her temples as she tries to piece together the events of the previous night. Suddenly, there's a knock on the door. She groans and sluggishly makes her way to answer it. Chamile stands there, beaming with excitement.

"I had sex last night with Dinah! Two times!" The brunette says excitedly.

"It's too early for this." Lisa groans.

She shuts the door, leaving Chamile outside, as she retreats back into her room to nurse her headache.

Lisa looks up, still nursing her headache, as Chamile barges into her room. "Um, hello? I just told you something important from last night! You should be excited that the person I love took my V-card."

Lisa sighs at her best friend.

"Chamile, I'm happy for you, really. But can we discuss this later? I'm not feeling great right now."

She winces as the headache intensifies, hoping Chamile will take the hint and leave her to recover.

"Are you okay?" Chamile says, concern washing over her as she approaches Lisa. She notices the state Lisa is in and puts the pieces together. "Oh my god! You're hungover? Wait—did you drink last night?"

"Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. It's none of your business, Chamile. Can you please just let me deal with this headache in peace?"

Chamile heads to the restroom and grabs two Tylenols and a glass of water for Lisa, knowing she needs some relief.

"Here you go, Lisa. Take these. You'll feel better soon, I promise."

She hands the medication and water to Lisa, offering a comforting smile.

Once Lisa takes the pills and gets dressed, she walks downstairs and sees Chamile, Ally, and Dinah in the kitchen. Dinah, with a big grin, starts to speak, but before she can finish, Normani interrupts her.

"Don't even start, Dinah Jane. Hearing you both last night was enough punishment."

Lisa smirks at the exchange, grateful for the distraction from her headache.

"It was that bad?" Lisa teases, raising an eyebrow.

Normani looks at Lisa, a knowing look in her eyes. "Just be lucky you weren't trying to sleep right next to their room."

Lisa, Chamile, Dara, Sherie, and Ludermary head to the studio, their excitement palpable as they gear up to work on another song for their upcoming album.

They enter the studio, ready to pour their creativity and passion into the music, eager to see their vision come to life.

Chamile eager to share some creative ideas starts with some lyrics.

" Boy, you know that you drive me crazy
But it's one of the things I like
Cause I know when you need it, baby
That I got that, ooh ooh
Let 'em keep, let 'em keep on talking
But it don't matter what they say
Cause you know when you hear me knocking
Gonna get that, ooh ooh"

Chamile's fellow bandmates listen attentively as she shares her lyrical ideas, nodding in agreement and excitement.

"That's really catchy, Chamile," Sherie remarks, tapping her foot to the rhythm. "I can already imagine how it'll sound with the music."

The group begins to brainstorm melodies and instrumentals to complement Chamile's lyrics, eager to bring their collective vision to fruition.

Hey, I didn't know you were coming in today," Lisa says, a smile spreading across her face.