Prologue

January 2021

Augusta, Maine

Gordon's POV

"Stupid snow!" I muttered, as I was shoveling the unwanted white powder from my driveway. The biting, frigid air nipped at my fingertips, signaling I was this close to frostbite. My gloves were inside my house, but I was too lazy to grab them. The sunshine was out in force, but did very little to warm me up. Nature's oven wasn't doing it's job properly.

My driveway was now cleared of any snow. Maine sure gets a lot of snow during the winter. I was born and raised here, but I wanted to move out. All this cold air comes from the Great White North, and Maine is always in a direct path to deliver Winter's icebox.

I lived alone, and spent most of my days at home. No job, no friends, no nothing. Maine can be very lonely when it snows, and it's cold, keeping everyone inside for most of the time. I was thinking of moving to New Jersey at some point. I always wanted to visit the Jersey Shore. Atlantic City is a such a wonderful place to win money.

But, when would I ever move to New Jersey? A year from now? Two years?

A/N Hey guys!!!! Sorry if this prologue was boring, but I just wanted the story to start off with Gordon in his home state! The rest of the story will be interesting, I promise! Don't be a silent reader. Please show some love and support by voting, leaving feedback, and sharing this story with others! Thanks guys!! Love you all!! ❤️💖❤️💖