Chapter 1

3 years later...

Silverville, New Jersey

Gordon's POV

I was gazing up this beautiful brick mansion that stood before me. The black tinted windows were definitely the icing on the cake. This is what it must feel like to be a millionaire. Except I wasn't one, but whatever. The moving men finally moved all of my stuff into my new home. I wasn't gonna miss living in Maine by any stretch. I think living here in New Jersey was gonna be amazing. This seemed like a laid back neighborhood. Every vehicle on this street had New Jersey license plates on them, while mine still had the Maine license plate.

"Hey, did you just move in?" A middle aged woman, with brown hair, red shirt, blue jeans, and brown moccasins asked me.

"Yes I did," I replied.

"I thought so," said the woman. "Looking at your license plate, you're from Maine. What brought you here to New Jersey?"

"I couldn't deal with the harsh New England winters any longer. I just wanted to adapt to another area."

"Silverville is just a small town. It's not all that lively here like you would expect in North Jersey by New York. These neck of the woods has that Alabama feel. You might even call it New Jersey's Deep South."

"All I care about is I found a good home here."

"But why in this shack? Haven't you heard what happened? Five years ago, a girl was murdered in this exact mansion by her parents! After that, they fled somewhere to avoid the cops. Who knows where they may have hidden. All I know is that the cops are still on a hunt for them. They never been caught."

"You're joking, right?" I asked.

"Buddy, does it look like I'm joking?" The woman scoffed. "I saw it all happen with my very own eyes! Ever since that girl died, no one has been living in that mansion ever since! Some say that if anyone moves in, they can be haunted by the spirit of that girl."

"It's funny that you like to make up stories, and you hardly know me!" I laughed. "If you'll excuse me, I have to get settled in! Cheers!"

"Don't say I didn't warn ya!" The woman said. Shrugging, she walked back into her house. As soon as I stepped in, I just felt like I was a lucky guy. This is what dreams are made of. There's even a swimming pool in the back. What more could I ask for?

"Help!!! Someone help me!" An unknown voice caught my attention. I looked around. All I saw was kids playing in the neighborhood, some were playing basketball, and a girl was riding her bike.

"It's all in my head," I said, dismissing the thought.

"Please don't shoot!" There was that voice again! It sounded like a girl. Was I going crazy? I didn't know what was going on. I just shrugged it off, and turned on the television. I flipped through some channels, and decided to watch a movie on Lifetime.

"Put the gun down, Dad! Don't shoot me!"

"Who is saying all this!" I demanded. "If someone is in here, get out of my home! I don't have any time for any foolishness!"

"No, please!"

I quickly shut the television off, and decided to go to Wawa. I must be hearing voices, cause I'm hungry. I got in my yellow 1976 Lincoln Continental coupe with just two doors, with the Maine license plate on it, and drove to the nearest Wawa.

I just hope I wasn't losing my mind.

A/N Hey guys, what did you think of this first chapter? Do you think that woman was right about warning Gordon about that mansion? Who's voice do you think that was? Do you think Gordon was crazy? Can't you just feel the suspense building up?? 👀 Don't be a silent reader. Please show some love and support by voting, leaving feedback, and sharing this story with others! Thanks guys!! Love you all!! ❤️❤️