𝟿. 𝙰 𝚂𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚍 𝚃𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙴𝚡𝚙𝚕𝚘𝚜𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝙷𝚎𝚛𝚘

"I'll find him, it's not a big deal," Bakugou waves off Ojiro and Koda as they try to reassure him.

"Bakugou, please, let us help," Ojiro pleads, but Bakugou ignores him. This isn't even that big of a room, how is it possible that he keeps missing the only bright-red-haired student in here?

Just then, Bakugou's eyes catch onto a moving target. Mina, who is running as if she is escaping from prison, rushes right past him. Bakugou quickly follows, not quite sure why but something tells him that he needs to.

He doesn't quite catch up with her until he sees her standing before Kirishima. Bakugou gulps, not wanting to witness his confession. But, despite himself, he stays hidden in the crowd.

"Kirishima, can we talk?"

"Sure, Mina," he smiles, though he looks more concerned than happy.

As the two of them walk a bit further away from Bakugou, he loses the ability to hear what they're saying. He does try to move closer, but the annoying sea of people prevents him from doing so. Instead, he decides it might be better not to hear them.

Time seems to pass slowly as he watches the two of them talk. Part of his brain comes up with a conversation that he thinks he can hear based on reading Kirishima's lips, but it's not easy. Kaminari pissed him off so much before that he feels like his brain is fuzzy. That idiot must've shocked him or something.

Finally, Mina wraps her arms around Kirishima. Bakugou's heart sinks as Kirishima allows her to kiss him squarely on the lips. The two of them laugh, and Kirishima takes her hand, leading her out of the room.

"Fucking great," Bakugou grumbles as he finally decides to leave this stupid party.

As soon as he steps outside, the cool night air hits his face and he breathes a sigh of relief. He had forgotten how hot it was in there. But, the peace and quiet of the outside makes him feel a lot more comfortable.

He decides to walk around a bit. His eyes drift up towards the sky, which is a dark navy blue. He can see the stars sparkling faintly. As he admires them, a thought enters his mind.

"Isn't it incredible, Katsuki?" Y/N's soft voice resonates in his mind. It wasn't real, but he feels drawn back to a time when they were in love. "Look at all those stars, each one a shimmering piece of the universe. And yet, here we are, under the same night sky, together."

Bakugou always hated how her words sounded like poetry. She could soothe him out of anything so easily, and he hated it. Or rather, he hated that he loved it.

He continues walking, his shoes crunching the gravel beneath his feet. He can still hear her voice whispering sweet nothings in his ear. He can still remember her touch, her kiss, her warmth. She had such a strange way of making him feel safe, and he had been too stubborn to let it continue.

"I hate you," he had told her once.

"That's okay," she had replied with a smile, putting her hand on his cheek. "I love you."

"Ugh," Bakugou growls as he kicks a rock and it goes flying. Why can't he just get her out of his head? It's over, isn't it?

Sick of thinking of her, he decides to sit on a nearby bench and wallow in self-pity instead. He shouldn't've ended things with her. Especially not the way he did. He was so mean for no reason. He had no reason to say all of those things. He knew how much they hurt her. But he had to, didn't he?

But then there was Kirishima, the person he'd trusted most from his first day at U.A. whether he'd like to admit it or not. If he hadn't been so dense, if he'd only realized what was going on, he wouldn't have broken up with her. But then again, maybe he would've.

It wasn't worth thinking about anymore. Kirishima's off somewhere with Mina right now while Bakugou's stuck outside alone. He had pushed everyone away, just like his friends told him he would do if he didn't let them help.

"Katsuki," she had hummed one morning after the two of them had spent the night together in Bakugou's dorm, "You know how much you mean to me, right?"

"What are you-"

"And you know that I'll always love you, no matter what happens," she had continued, pressing a kiss to his lips.

"Stop, it's too early for this," he had complained, burying his head in the crook of her neck and holding her tighter.

"But I'm being serious," she giggles at the sensation of his skin rubbing against hers.

"So am I," he mutters.

"Katsuki, if something happened to you, I would-"

"I know," he says, rolling his eyes and sitting up to look down at her. "I'd do the same. But nothing's going to happen, so just shut up and kiss me."

She laughs and pulls him back down on top of her. He kisses her and the rest of the world seems to fade away. She was his. He was hers. Nothing could ever change that.

But then, a few months later, they were nothing. Just a memory, and Bakugou didn't know how to handle that.

"I wouldn't be able to live if something happened to you," he suddenly whispers to himself, looking down at his hands in his lap. Well, at least this is the last night he'll ever have to see any one of these people ever again.

"You're so fucking stupid," he sighs as he stands up and stretches his arms. It's been a long night and he's ready to go to bed.