🥀Chapter 01

"How dare you talk back to me!" The loud sound of slap echoed through the silent hallways. Ai's head turned to her right side cause of the force. Strands of her short red hair fell over the side of her face, hiding the red cheek from the person in front of her, her younger sister. It was so humiliating, so embarrassing that her body shivered, trembling in anger but sadly, she couldn't express it.

"Don't you have any shame in seducing your sister's lover?!" Ayame yelled angrily.

Sister's lover? Ai bit her lips hardly before looking at her sister's so called lover, her lover, smirking at her viciously for framing her.

"If you despise me so much then hate me openly! At least do not ruin my relationship cause of your jealousy!"

"I-I told y-you before. I-I w-wasn't do-ing a-anything. I-It was h-hi-"

"Oh shut it! You still have the audacity to tell that! You think everyone around you is a fool to not see your act?!" Ayame pushed her in rage, causing her to stumble a few steps back. She was about to raise her hand again but Naoya held her arm, stopping her at the mean time. Time to show his good act.

"Ayame, that is enough, please. I already forgave her."

Ayame calmed down before looking at the red haired girl.

"She is not worth your forgiveness." The blonde girl muttered in her breath, green eyes showing nothing but pure hatred.

"If you again pull that dirty trick I will tell Oto-san to punish you in the worst way, Nee-chan." She threatened, pressing the word 'Nee-chan' before walking away.

Ai brought her hand up to stop her, trying desperately to speak again but her hand hung in the air, nothing came out from her mouth. Her knees trembled feeling weak and she gave up, falling on the floor, staring at the marbled tiles defeated.

"Y-You nev-er l-loved me." She whispered. Naoya laughed, eyeing her mockingly.

"I thought if I am getting a hand in the business for marrying a Souen then why don't I marry the better one? Killing two birds at once. You were just a plaything to me to get your sister. She is more capable than you." He crouched down next to her and held her chin up to look at her teary eyes. He just loves weak girls, so vulnerable to break, again and again and again.

"She has such an amazing beauty. She is shorter in height and has a fascinating body to attract any man. Her blond hair shines brightly even in the dark unlike yours. Her ever green eyes match perfectly with her silky long hair. She has a much more feminine body. She is intelligent, confident and smart. But look at you, Ai." A sinister smirk plastered on his lips as he stood up, watching her tears roll down on her cheeks in silence.

"You are so tall, having dull grey eyes and wavy red hair which does not even highlight. Your shoulders are broad and your curves are barely shown. You barely can talk and defend yourself. You always fear everything. You truly are as useless as they say."

Ai could not avert her gaze from the floor. Naoya's every word was coming at her chest like a sharp arrow, piercing her heart, making it bleed endlessly.

"And love? You have got to be kidding me. Who will want a girl who cannot even speak properly?" He mocked before turning his heels, going out of the room. A wave of deep sadness crossed Ai's heart recalling those hurtful words, those bitter harsh words which she was constantly hearing from her very childhood, being compared to her younger sister, Ayame Souen.

Pathetic.
Loser.
Weak.
Useless.
Who'll want a girl who cannot even speak properly?

'Perhaps, they are all right.'

Gathering her strength Ai stood up, taking slow steps to the dressing table. She opened a small drawer and picked up the scissors she uses to cut her hair. Looking at the mirror, she watched how fragile and broken she looked. She despises herself and it would be good if she kills herself and finishes this pathetic life. With trembling hands, she aimed the sharp point at her throat. The more she brought it near the more her hands shook. She gulped down a big lump of her throat before clenching her jaw feeling the thin trail of blood rolling down on her chest. The scissors fell from her hand. She could not do it. Even suicide needed so much courage and she does not have that courage. Holding her neck she thought about the question again and again.
Is it her fault that she cannot talk like others?

Ai Souen is the middle child of Haru Souen, the current head of the Souen family and the only child of his first wife, Akane Souen. In her early childhood, Ai manifested a speech disability, causing her to stutter and have difficulties to communicate. For this reason, she has always been compared with her step-younger sister, carrying this notion with her even into her adulthood. She deeply resents herself for not being able to be as strong as she wants to be, as she thinks that nobody will ever want her, just like how everyone says. Nobody encouraged her and eveytime she tries to speak everyone turns her down. They give her such loathsome stares as if she is some disgusting thing. Even her father, Haru Souen acts harshly with her. Cause his wife, Akane died after giving birth to her. Since then he thinks she's a disgrace to the Souen family and always comes around cold with her.

Ai hugged her legs, curling up her body on the icy marbled floor. Drops of her salty tears kept falling as she cried silently, praying for someone to come and get her out of this hellish prison.

__________

"Every one of them looks beautiful but if I tell honestly, they are all like one night stands. No one caught my eyes and I bet not yours too." Suguru flipped one after another photo of various girls on the table. He waited for a response from his best friend who was busy in sucking a caramel lollipop. Satoru was sitting on his leather chair while putting his one leg over another on the table.

"Did you give your answer to your father?" As Suguru asked, the blue-eyed male lowered his sunglasses and looked between his feet.

"Hehe! I will play with him a little. Dealing with Satoru Gojo is not so easy. Bold of him to think I will ever get married. Those forever ties are not for me." He gave the dark haired guy a smug smile. Suguru only rolled his eyes. While scanning the photos something caught his eyes before he sent a devilish smirk to the white haired male.

"Have you seen all the photos, Satoru?"

"No. Why should I be bothered?"

"Well, cause you have not seen this. It will catch your attention." Suguru played with the specific photo, holding it between his index and middle finger. Satoru again looked between his feet, only to straighten his back as he stared closely at the picture of a certain blonde girl.

"Isn't that Ayame Souen?"

"Bingo!"

The blue-eyed male laughed out loudly, snatching the photo from his best friend.

"How come I did not notice my ultimate pawn, Suguru?"

"Cause you were being dumb and ignorant." Satoru ignored Suguru's words, his ocean blue eyes showed the maniac glints of his madness which made the other male raise one of his eyebrows in interest.

"Seems like you have some massive plans in your pockets."

"Of course. It is surprising that she is in the list of Oto-san. I thought he hated that clan."

"It is hard to understand both of you. By the way, talking about that clan, are you going to tonight's party? It will be your great chance."

"What party?"

"The party of the Souen's, for collaborating a deal with the Zenin's. As long as I recall, you are invited there too."

Satoru pulled out the lollipop, a mischievous smile forming on his lips.

"You know me very well, Suguru. It has been a while since I have ruined any party."

Suguru let out a deep chuckle. Knowing his best friend he will surely bring a tornado to both the families he hated.

"Something interesting is going to happen."