🥀Chapter 05

As Naoya tried to approach, Sasha stood in front of Ai with a protective stance, glaring at the young Zenin, her nose scrunched up in disgust.

"What rubbish are you talking about? You broke her heart and you still think she will agree to be your bride?"

Naoya let out a small chuckle before he sat on the queen sized bed with his legs crossed.

"Ai, darling. I want to talk with you personally. If you do not want any unnecessary commotion then tell your maid to get out. I will not be nice all the time." He said, a sly grin plastering on his lips.

Sasha was adamant to not leave her mistress but Ai held her hand, gesturing her with her eyes.

"Ai-sama, but--"

She stopped as the girl assured her by squeezing her hand, telling her with her eyes that she would be okay. And Sasha reluctantly went outside of the chamber.

As soon as the clicking sound of the door was heard Ai's heart started to beat fast, both in fear and nervousness. She gulped a lump of her throat when Naoya stood up and came close to her, causing her to step backwards until her back met the full length mirror. The Zenin traced the soft skin of her cheek and leaned against her forehead.

"I will state simply." He wrapped his other hand around her waist, pulling her to him until there was no gap.

"I am going to ask your father for your hand in the marriage today." Ai's eyes widened by hearing his words. She looked up and stared at his brown orbs.

"If he says yes then all the work will be done without any pain but if he comes to you and asks, you know what you have to say, darling." Her grip on his shirt tightened as a sudden wave of anger rushed through her body.

"W-What if I-I s-say no?" She asked bravely. Naoya lightly laughed at her question. He turned her around and a gasp escaped from Ai's lips as the muzzle of a pistol was pressed against her neck all of a sudden.

"No no, baby. Do not panic. I will not do anything to you but will do something to others, especially the one whom you deeply care for." He continued while pulling the trigger. The Souen jumped in her spot, clutching her eyes in fear but nothing happened.

"Oops. It is empty." She breathed heavily as his held her arm tightly.

"First, let me see who can be my target. Your bastard father who is ignorant towards you? Your idiotic siblings who cannot bear your presence? Your dearest stepmother who cannot do anything for you? Or that useless scum who can only blabber nonsense?" The Zenin whispered, eyeing the red haired girl in the mirror. Her lips trembled as well as her hands, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Their lives depend on your decision. You know how good I am at this kind of work. So do as I say, okay?"

As Naoya expected, Ai got manipulated easily. She nodded in positive, making the brown-eyed male smile in satisfaction. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders, hugging her from behind, burying his face on her neck.

"No one can love you like me, Ai. You only belong to me. Remember that." Saying he left. Ai felt her knees going weak and she fell, letting out a shaky breath. She wanted to cry her heart out but the tears were threatening to fall. Sasha came inside and ran to her before crouching down.

"Ai-sama!"

"Sa-sha. W-Why d-does my h-heart ache so m-much?"

Sasha did not have any answer. She could not do anything but watch her, wiping the silent tears which constantly fell, screaming about nothing but her untold desire to be free.