Chapter 04🥀

"How dare she!" Naoya fumed in rage, his grip on the champagne glass tightened, causing it to shatter into multiple pieces. His eyes glinted with malice as he stared at his own blood, the crimson liquid rolling down on the table from his palm. First it was Ayame who left his hand for that Gojo and then Ai who accidentally came in front of the Gojo and decided to go along with him too. For what? To avoid him? When did she become this brave?

Honestly, Ai's rejection was making his blood boil even more, desperately wanting to strangle the red haired girl then and there. She was supposed to be submissive and broken, afraid and weak to even speak against him. She was supposed to crawl back to him even after he turned his back to her.

Ai was naive but not a fool to trust him again. She was unfamiliar with love and affection which is why she melted when Naoya acted so nice with her, which is why she believed every word he said to her. Now that she rejected him he wanted her to beg for his love again, he wanted to teach her a lesson that she should not play with fire. There is a high chance Ayame will leave him for Satoru so why shouldn't he make a backup plan? As Ai would try to avoid him again he should do something which will make her obey him again. A smirk crept on Naoya's lips as he thought about it. He knows exactly how she will agree. Besides, it will also trigger Ayame's ego. He laughed maniacally.

"It is just my habit to kill two birds at once."

__________

"Seemed like you had fun there. Too bad you did not ruin the party as you said." Suguru said leaning against his seat. Satoru chuckled while sitting inside the Audi.

"I changed my plan." He muttered, blue eyes staring at the Souen estate through the windshield.

"You got a toy to play? Is it that little minx you danced with? You know legends say that red haired people are kissed by fire." The dark haired male wiggled his eyebrows and smirked at his best friend who smirked back.

"She was Ai Souen." The revelation made Suguru's eyes widen, his lips parted in surprise.

"No way! Was she really her? The infamous Souen who always stays in the shadows."

The blue-eyed male hummed.

"She looks so different from Ayame and Airu. No wonder why people say she does not belong to the Souen family." Suguru pointed out. Souens are hideous. They kill the person who dares to leak their secrets and private matters. And Ai is one of those matters. No outsider except Naoya Zenin and his father, Naobito Zenin knows who Ai Souen really is and what secret she holds but the young Gojo was smart. He recognised her the moment she was running away from Naoya, thanks to the rumor.

"She must be special to the Souens if she is always kept hidden." He said, rubbing his chin with his thumb and forefinger. Ai's actions were a bit reserved and she was very shy, the total opposite of Airu and Ayame. She gets nervous and scared easily.
What to do? Ai was unfamiliar with the world beyond her father's reach. She never stepped out of the boundaries of Souen's private area. She was home-schooled, barely got to befriend other children of her age as most of them feared her. She even works from home. Most of Souen's business deals are done by the three siblings. Ai does not attend the meetings but she prepares the works where either Airu or Ayame do the presentations. However, her father's underworld business is not unknown to her. 

Satoru felt something was missing, something was escaping from his eyes. Ayame is head over heels for him so she is probably using Noaya. If the rumour about Ai being with Naoya is true then why would she try to avoid him? Why did she look so scared? Moreover, why was she not with her siblings? Why does she always stay away from everyone?

Something was definitely missing.

"Suguru, tell Haibara to find every detail of Ai Souen."

__________

The gleaming light of the full moon enlightened the visually dark chamber, creating a blue hue. Thin curtains levitate, holding dearly onto the silver rod as the chilled breeze came inside. A heart wrenching melody was being played by someone, shaking the chamber with the pain it held within. The tune came from the lonely chamber situated at the farthest corner, echoing in the silent corridor, letting every mere lifeless thing there know her presence, spending another sleepless night. Ai was in the broad balcony attached to the chamber, playing the violin there. It was her late mother's which now belongs to her.
The sad melody that chronically erupted in her mind, calming down the inner turmoil which constantly burned her heart. Naoya's thoughts were constantly coming to her mind. What a fool she was to believe him! Why? Why couldn't he just love her? What was wrong in loving her? She just cannot talk properly but she can express her feelings right? She gave her heart to him, didn't she? And he gave her pain in return, nothing but pain.
She tried to forget it. But first love cannot be forgotten so easily. He was her first love, the person who gave her the thing she always craved for, a little love. Even though it was all a lie.

The thoughts disturbed her, causing her to lose her focus. She felt suffocated, so hard to breathe.

His evey words rang inside her head like a siren. Her nails dug on the soft flesh of her arms, wanting to tear the skin apart recalling the moments whenever he touched her, kissed her, promised her that he would be with her.

'Liar!' Her inner voice screamed. Today when he said he was sorry, for a moment, she wanted to believe him. But he only came to her cause Ayame left him. He came to her cause he thinks she is his plaything. She was nothing to him. She put the violin down feeling a sudden pang in her heart. Rubbing her chest, she tried to soothe the pain. Nowadays, it is happening often and she did not tell it to anyone.

Ai wiped the tears which formed in the corner of her eyes. Picking up the violin, she went inside. She was too tired and disturbed to even change her outfit. Lying down on the bed, Ai snuggled closer to the mattress. It felt so cold to her. The violin stayed beside her and she kept staring at it until darkness overtook her. Her arms wrapped around the instrument, seeking for warmth, hoping it could help to reduce the burgeoning torment of her heart a bit. Just a little bit.

The night seemed so long.

Some days later.

The red haired Souen furrowed her eyebrows together hearing the noise coming outside of her room. Sasha, her personal maid looked at her questioning gaze before continuing drying her wet hair.

"I heard some guests will come today to meet Souen-sama. That's why everyone is so hyped. I guess they arrived." She answered, quenching her curiosity. Ai looked at the mirror, watching how gently the young girl was ruffling her hair, massaging the scalp as if she was a baby. Sasha is a few years younger than her. She is a clever, observant, loyal and considerate woman. She was close to Ai and also the person besides Yume with whom the young Souen was comfortable. She admires Ai and highly respects her. When she was first brought here she was so fascinated by Ai's kind and soft nature that she even requested Yume to appoint her as her personal maid. She deeply hates how the people of this household treat Ai and always prays for her well-being. After drying Ai's hair, Sasha headed outside, giving the girl privacy to change into the new pair of clothes.

__________

Satoru did not expect the Zenins would be also there. Did they come here for the same reason he came here? The grin in Naobito's face says it. The blue-eyed male let out a small chuckle. What a drag! But no problem. He already planned everything. He is just waiting for the right time.

'By the way, where did he go?' He thought, looking for the young Zenin.

Meanwhile, Sasha was helping Ai to zip up her top as the girl failed to do it, eventually calling for her help.
They both get startled hearing the sudden sound of the door opening. The grey-eyed girl froze on her spot as soon as she saw the glimpse of the person in the mirror.

"What the--! Don't you have any manners? Who gave you the permission to come inside?" Sasha glared at the male who glared at her back.

"A low scum like you do not have the right to talk to me." Naoya eyes bore into the girl before he looked at the female Souen behind her. Within a second, a wry smile plastered on his lips. His next words shook Ai, goosebumps rushed through her body.

"And why will I need any permission to meet my soon-to-be wife?"