8. When And Where?

After Cheryl had taken her leap of faith by asking the potential heir to the Serpent thrown out at Veronica's party her confidence grew. Toni said yes.

This time it wasn't a phony facade she put on for to keep up pretenses, she felt really good about herself.
Throughout the party, she had to keep reminding herself to stop smiling.
Fortunately, her long-time acquaintances chopped it up to her having too much to drink.

"I think it's time we cut Blossom off. She's scaring me with all the smiling and laughing. It's weird when it isn't at anyone else's expense." Jughead observed out loud.

Cheryl's expression immediately straitened up, "Shut it, Hobo."

"There she is. The Cheryl we knew and tolerate." Jughead and the rest of the group laughed with him.

"I'm just having a good time with you mix-matched lot of misfits. Is that a crime?"

"Not at all Blossom, not at all" Jughead responded amused.

Veronica and Toni were in the know smirking on either side of her.
As the night was coming to an end only their small group of friends friends left. The others had taken off a while ago. It was a school night and most had curfews.

Betty, noticing the time stood from the couch, "Juggy can you drop me home? I didn't realize how late it was and my mom is going to give me an ear full."

"Sure thing Betty." He also stood from the couch setting the water he switched to earlier in the night down on the coffee table in front of him.

"See you guys tomorrow. Thanks for coming and Betty text me to let me know you got home okay," Veronica told the couple as they walked to the door.

The only ones left now were Sweet Pea, Toni, Cheryl, and of course Veronica.

Minutes later, Toni decided she was also ready to head out. She hugged her childhood friend, Sweet Pea, and said goodbye after thanking Veronica for the invite.

Veronica asked if she was okay to ride her motorcycle and offered for her to stay, but she said she'd take a reign check and wanted to sleep in her bed.

Cheryl intentionally left too even though she was also offered the guest room.  Her excuse for not staying the night was to "not hear the vile sounds coming from Veronica's boudoir while her beau was sleeping over".

Cheryl caught up to Toni in the parking lot as she was mounting her motorbike.

"Hey!" She said and Toni turned to look at her with her helmet in hand.

"Hey, You uh, taking me up on that offer to give you a ride on my bike?" She said slapping the metal between her legs.

"As tempting as that sounds, no" the redhead smiled pushing hair out of her face that was blown by a gust of wind. "I just wanted to personally say goodbye to you without an audience.

"Oh yeah?" the pink-haired girl smirked.

"Yeah," Cheryl responded thinking is this phrase going to be their thing?

She stepped closer putting both hands on the sides of Toni's face placed a soft kiss on her lips and backed away seeing Toni's eyes flutter back open. "I just had to do that one more time before the night was over. Bye Toni, Text me when you get home"
Cheryl said before walking away.

Toni exhaled watching as the slender but curvy girl walked away to her car "See you tomorrow Cheryl" She shouted after her, shaking her head with a smile she put her helmet on and started her motorcycle revving it up before she peeled out.

Cheryl was all tucked into bed when she heard something vibrating on the wooden surface next to her. She reached over to retrieve her phone from her nightstand. She read her notifications and it was a text from Toni. Smirking she opened the text to read.