letter 6/20

17th august, 1985
dear friend,

i was driving around town until i couldn't and i accidentally found an abandoned tunnel. it was around night when i found someone laying on the side of said tunnel.

i parked my car and walked towards them. "hello?"

the person was a girl who sat up at the voice of my gentle voice. "hi,"

"are you alone?" i asked, sitting next to her. she nodded. "yeah. i just escaped my horrible excuse of a home,"

"that's cool. do you have any friends?" i asked her again. she shook her head this time. "nope, i was just wandering about and found this tunnel." she smiled.

"well, do you have a place to stay at?"

her eyes held uncertainty. "don't worry, i'm not gonna hurt you. i barely know how to fight,"

she chuckled. "to answer your question, i don't. i don't have money to get one either,"

i got up, offering my hand to her to which she looked at with hesitation. i shook my hand and she finally took it. "i have a better place in mind, you wanna join me?"

she nodded, and we walked to my car. "it's beaten-down but it's what keeps me going,"

she was shorter than me, i realize. she played with the hem of her hoodie, she seemed hungry. "you wanna get something to eat? it's on me,"

she smiled and nodded. "you don't talk much, do you?" she nodded again.

"that's fine. music?" she nodded.

i inserted a random mixtape of mine and turned on the ignition. "you can skip some you don't like," i spoke. she hummed, nodding along to the music.

i was glad she liked my music, she skipped some sad songs though. not her vibe i guess, i think she just didn't want to be reminded of her past.

i arrived at the closest restaurant, benny's. i saw her eyes light up when she saw the sign, i pulled the car into the drive-thru.

she got a double cheese burger with a side of fries and a sprite. i got the same except i got an ice cream as well. i took the greasy bag and paid, thanking the lady.

i drove off to the park. surprisingly, no one was there. "do you want to stay in the car while we eat or at a tree instead?"

"i think tree," she spoke. i nodded, listening to the music.

we finally arrived to the spot, i took my walkman with me and grabbed the food. she was in front of me and seemed to lead us there.

she walked to a huge oak tree nearby us. unexpectedly, there was no one. she smiled at me as i took a seat beside her.

she took the food out of my hands and had a bite of her burger. i used the time to study her features as she looked up to the sky.

she had red hair with brown eyes which were the most softest color of brown i've ever seen, i wish you could've seen them. they were like sand but a darker color. her hair was the most lovely color of orange, like a sunset orange. her hair was in a wolfcut, of which i've only seen on very few people so i admired it a bit too much.

her eyelashes weren't long but they curled a bit. her eyebrows had a cut on the right one, the cut dragged onto the bottom of her eye. it was pretty cool. she had faint freckles on her cheeks, they were displaying a red color due to the cold. it became colder each day in the night.

her lips were the normal shade of pink and plump. they were slightly open as she adored the sky with such tender. she smiled suddenly, breaking me out of my thoughts.