1• just the beginning

Iris black, The Weasley's and Hermione granger were all sat in the leaky cauldron. A place of laughter and comfort while they await for Harry's arrival. Ron was boasting about his trips from the summer, Hermione and iris were talking whilst admiring crook-shanks- Hermione's ginger, lion like cat. Iris always wanted a cat, she just never had the opportunity to get one.

Iris turned around and noticed harry, his raven hair, messy as usual but the same smile that lit up his face. Iris ran up to him and threw her arms over his shoulders. He reciprocated the hug and placed his arms around her back. They, finally let go and iris shoved him away playfully when she noticed the crack in his glasses.

"You need to stop breaking your glasses!" said iris, before the others joined.

"Hey astra! missed you too." Harry replied sarcastically. His nickname- Astra was given to Iris last year, it originally comes from latin and it means star. Because iris always seemed to be the brightest in the darkest of rooms.

"Harry!" Hermione lightly hugged him and so did Ron. Ron stood next to Hermione, however her cat had other ideas. A small purr came from its mouth and Ron stepped back.

"That bloody cat! i'll turn it into a tea cozy if it doesn't leave Scabbers alone!" Ron tutted and Hermione rolled her eyes in response.

"I'll turn you into a tea cozy, if you even think about touching crook-shanks!" muttered iris, quiet enough for only herself to hear.

Ron was telling mostly everyone, about his trip to Egypt before the twins came and made fun of him for it. "You know Egyptians used to worship cats!" Hermione stated, holding the ginger cat close.

Fred and George sat down, iris in the middle of the two. "You don't think that Lupin girl, is still attending Hogwarts do you?" Fred rolled his eyes, and spoke closer to the five sitting on the table.

"Fred seems to have some sort of obsession with the girl!" George rubbed Fred's head, and joked around with him.

"me? bloody hell! i hate the girl." Fred protested and scanned the newspaper his family were seen in.

Iris giggled, her hair flowing down her back. Harry was admiring her before Mrs and Mr Weasley came down the stairs and greeted him.
"Harry. Good to see you, dear." Molly brought him into her warm embrace.

"Good to see you too." nodded harry, fixing his glasses slightly.

"You prepared? got your clothes, books, robe?" Molly asked continuously, making harry slightly more flustered than before.

"Y-yeah." He stuttered, hoping he was saying the right thing. "I have everything." Said harry. Iris came over and greeted molly.

"I'll make sure he's got everything molly." Iris reassured her, and nudged Harry. Before any further conversation Arthur Weasley came over as-well.

"Harry, Iris mind if i have a moment with you?" he asked, smiling a little too hard, almost fake.

"Yeah, sure." They both replied before following him to a corner of the room. It was a dark corner, where no one would see or hear them.

"Now what i'm about to tell you, is some information that some within the ministry would strongly discourage me not to reveal to you. But i think it's best if you hear the facts." Mr Weasley, walked them further away and closer to an image of Sirius black that was hung on the wall. An image that has been haunting Iris. "you two might be in danger." He whispered.

The two exchanged looks before speaking again. "Does this have anything to do with Sirius black, sir?" Harry asked. Iris had her head down and turned to the image by the wall.