3• Spreading wings

Iris, Harry, Ron and Hermione walked to Hagrid's class with a smile on their face trying to forget what happened at their last lesson at Divinations. They strolled down to Hagrid's hut with the rest of the class, and he was standing at the front. "Hagrid is going to be the best teacher!" Said Iris, happy for him.

"I got a real treat for you all today!" Hagrid explained. "Follow me." He began walking deeper into the woods. He told everyone to open their books, but they were shut. And very difficult to open. Draco stared at it in Disgust. "Open your books to page 49" Hagrid ordered, still walking.

"And how are we meant to do that?" Draco spitted.

"Just stroke the spine, Malfoy." Scarlett shook her head.

Hermione and Iris dropped their bags down on the grass and held their books close. "I think their funny." She stated.

"oh yeah terribly funny, really witty. God this place has gone to the dogs. Wait until my father hears that Dumbledore has got these oaf teaching classes." Draco retorted, and rolled his eyes.

"Shut up, Malfoy." Harry sternly said, and everyone made a circle to listen in on the drama. Draco handed Crabbe his bag and walked closer to harry.

"Malfoy, when are you doing to learn? No one gives two rats about what your father thinks." Said Iris, clearly bored of the conversation.

In response Draco's face dropped and he looked to the side of Harry and Iris and pointed to the sky. "Dementor! Dementor!" He screamed. Everyone turned around but there was nothing there. They then turned back around to see Draco and his friends laughing.

"Got everyone laughing, Malfoy." Iris scowled to him, she noticed Neville struggling to get his book open so she left Draco and walked over to him. "Neville, let me help." She chuckled and stroked the spine of his book. Before he could thank her they got interrupted by Hagrid.

Hagrid called his hands and everyone turned their attention to him. "Let me introduce you all too..." He gestured his hand towards a large animal standing beside him.

"Hagrid. What exactly is it?" Ron asked, looking at it very closely.

"This is a Hippogriff. His name is Buckbeak. Now Hippogriffs are very proud creatures." Hagrid explained.

Buckbeak was a beautiful creature, he had feathers the shade of dark, grey and a white underbelly. "He's alluring." Said Iris.

"Beautiful isn't he? But be careful because if anyone makes one wrong move, he won't hesitate to make a move either." Hagrid warned. He once again clapped his hands and smiled. "Now! Who wants to have a go!" Everyone took a step back and shook their heads.

"Iris? Harry? come on. One of you have a go!" He urged for them to ride buck-beak. Hagrid expected Iris to want to ride it. Harry not so much.

"Come on, potter." Iris grabbed his hand. As she was walking towards the animal Hagrid stood in her way.

"You have to be very careful with it, you have to make sure it has your consent. You need to bow down and once he bows back then you can slowly make your way towards him." Said Hagrid, still standing in-front of the two.

Harry and Iris took a deep breath and stepped forward. "now, slowly." Hagrid warned. Iris slowly bowed down and waited for a signal. Once Buckbeak bowed down after her, she let out a breath and everyone behind her clapped. Iris let go of Harrys hand, and made her way to the animal. Once she made her way, she smiled to Hermione who looked proud of her. Then slowly, but surely Harry made his way. "See, easy. No need to make a fuss, was there potter?" Iris whispered into Harrys ear.