Chapter 1: Darkness

I woke up at 8am on a Monday morning, Kyle was asleep next to me in bed. I couldn't help but smile, I still couldn't believe we got married a year ago already. I yawned and got out of bed. I opened our black out curtains and all I saw was darkness. That's weird it shouldn't be dark out anymore. I quickly ran downstairs and opened the front door to our house. I looked up into the dark sky. I could see many of my neighbors also looking up confused. I quickly rushed back into the house, shut the door, ran back upstairs, and woke Kyle up.

   "KYLE WAKE UP!" I screamed.

   He groaned as he started waking up. His eyes slowly opened and he sat up.

   "Honey what's wrong?" He asked.

   "Kyle it's eight in the morning and it's still completely dark outside. I don't know what's going on but I have a really bad feeling about this." I said.

   Kyle's eyes shot straight open. He quickly got out of bed and ran over to the window. He looked back at me with shock and worry on his face.

   "Serina you need to go talk to Zeus. He might know what's going on." Kyle said.

   "Alright. Please stay here and keep me updated on any changes." I said.

   "I will. Now go quickly. I love you baby." Kyle said.

   "I love you too sweetheart," I said and gave him a quick kiss, "GODDESS OF SPIRIT!"

   My black halo appeared above my head, my dress of shadows appeared, my shadow heels appeared, and my wings unfurled and they were large. I quickly opened a portal to heaven and went through. I was greeted with the bright light radiating as always. Once my eyes adjusted I could see Nyx walking towards me. She greeted me with a smile, I smiled back.

   "Serina what are doing here?" She asked.

   "I need to talk to Zeus. Something's wrong." I said.

   "What's going on?" Nyx asked.

   "There's no sun. I don't know what's going on." I said.

   "Oh no. Quickly follow me, I'll take you to Zeus." Nyx said.

   She quickly ran in the direction of Zeus' office. I quickly flew behind her. When we arrived at his door, she knocked.

   "Who is it?" Zeus asked.

   "It's Nyx and Serina. Something is happening on earth." Nyx said.

   "Come in." He said.

   Nyx opened the door and we both walked in, I closed the door behind me. Zeus looked at me with concern in his eyes.

   "What's going on Serina" Zeus asked.

   "Zeus there's no sun. I don't understand what's going on." I said.

   Zeus' eyes widened, I looked at him even more concerned.

   "Oh no." He said.

   "Zeus what's going on?" I asked.

   "It's Hades, he's making an appearance." Zeus said.

    "But Serina closed the gates to hell. How is this possible?" Nyx asked.

   "Hades must've found a loop hole somewhere and is now going to be coming for Serina." Zeus said.

   "Zeus what do I do?" I asked.

   "Right now nothing. We'll have to watch his every move. Keep the Elementals close and be ready for a fight. We don't know when or where he'll attack." Zeus said.

   "If it comes down to it you know how to summon us. We will fight by your side Serina." Nyx said.

   "Alright. I will make sure the Elementals know as well." I said.

   "If you guys need us you know where to find us." Zeus said.

   "I'll see you guys soon then. I'll make sure to keep you guys posted." I said.

   "Bye Serina." Nyx said.

   I opened a portal that went back to my bedroom, I flew into it. Once I was back in my room the portal closed. Kyle had turned around to look at me. He could tell it wasn't good news I received.

   "Serina what is it?" Kyle asked.

   "Hades has found a way to leave hell and come here, he's after me." I said.

   Kyle's eyes widened. He came over and hugged me, he pulled away.

   "Don't worry baby we're going to help you fight. Let's go talk to everyone, they're probably really confused." Kyle said.

   "Okay," I said opening a portal that lead to my parents mansion.

   Kyle and I walked through it, It closed when we both had our feet on the ground. I walked up to the door with Kyle and knocked. my sister Tracy answered the door. She looked at me concerned, she moved aside so Kyle and I could come in. Kyle and I made ourselves comfortable on the couch while Tracy went to get the rest of my family. Tracy walked into the living room behind her followed my mom, my dad, Aunt Janice, Uncle Dillen, Kurt, Matthew, Tyron, Jessica, Josh, Trey, Aqua, Rose, and Serafina. They all looked at me with concern.

   "Serina what's going on?" Josh asked.

   "Why is it still dark outside?" My dad asked.

   "What did Zeus say?" Serafina asked.

   "Guys give her a minute. She's still in shock." Kyle said.

   Everyone went silent. I looked at Kyle and smiled. I took a deep breath in and then released it.

   "Hades has found a way to escape hell. Zeus said he's coming for me. I'm going to need all of your guys help to fight hum. Right now we stand down and watch his every move." I said.

   Everyone was looking at me wide eyed. All of a sudden there was a bright light outside, we all rushed over to the windows. The sky was lit up in a bright red light. Suddenly it disappeared and the sun finally came out. We all went back to the living room and sat back down.