Oh shit😱‼️

"Y/n!"

You turned towards the small voice of someone calling out your name and your eyebrows raised a little bit to see one of your best friends hurrying over to you with what seems to be a book.

"Oh," You started. "hi Armin." You waved at your friend who was now in front of you, clutching the book in his arms and close to his chest.

"I found a new book! Isn't it cool!?" Armin exclaimed as he presented it to you. You looked down at the book, it looked a bit dusty and old. It had someone tears in its wavered-down brown cover and the pages looked a bit matted on the sides. Despite how much it looked like it came right of a poor yardsale—it really did brighten Armin up. Of course, you weren't going to ruin his little parade.

"Oooh—it sure is something." You said as your eyes were stuck on the book. "What's it about?" You questioned.

"It's a full book of rituals!" Armin exclaimed happily...a little too happy at that. You stared at him for some time... this wasn't new behavior at all. You already knew how Armin is with his...issues. As well as his strange love for...whatever he enjoys that would be deemed absurdly cruel and inhumane. "I can perform so many times new rituals... and soon achieve to take over this beloved place we call the world." He said eerily.

"... That's... That's cute Armin. But why did you need to tell me about this?"

"Don't you want to read it with me? You always read me! You're the reason why I even know how to read!" Armin replied. That is very true. When Armin brings a book along he always insists that he would like to read it with you when Eren isn't around to do so. You always say yes because first, Armin is your best friend. Within these depressing walls you were able to gain a friend. Even though Armin isn't...all that stable he's still your friend. The same goes for Mikasa and Eren. You guys are all friends here. Second, you find it pretty nice to read with Armin. You are a small fan of books and will only read one if you feel like it or the book has caught your interest—we all know that this is the type of situation where you feel like it. You don't think rituals catches your eye...

You agreed with reading with Armin about this book full of messed up ritual shit as you both sat side by side together as you two explored the pages. More like Armin did so while you just listened to whatever he was saying.

You forgot to mention that despite Armin's strange behavior, he truly was a very cute boy in your eyes. The first time you met him you never thought that we would end being a fucked up kid... it got you thinking as to how he even got this insane. But you knew better than to ask such harsh questions like that. After than that you still saw Armin as a sweet and cute boy. Mikasa and Eren introduced you to him and ever since you two have been close. It was a pretty strange friendship you two had but you guys didn't really have anything for yourselves. Everyone here in this village is poor. You hate to say it but it's true. You're all low class but at least everyone here is in the same boat and you're not surrounded by rich assholes. So when you have close friends who can fulfill your heart despite not having anything.

Armin on the other hand has grown a lot closer to you after you two met a while back. He saw you around the village a few good times just casually taking a walk or gathering some sticks for your parents back at your home. Even when he saw you just those small times he thought that you were the prettiest girl he's ever seen with his own two eyes. Your hair always looked so nice despite everyone here not having a lot of support in taking care of themselves you managed to keep yourself looking decently pretty. At first, he was afraid that he would scare you away with his... creepiness but you stayed. It allowed him to act like his true self around you despite him knowing you may think of him as weird internally but never outloud.