Row-Row-Row your boat gently down the stream

It was like everything was happening all at once. People were running, trying to get away from death's grasp. The walls have collapsed causing heavy debris and smoke. Not only that horrifically gigantic titan broke through the walls, outside was more titans that have been trying to break into the walls where human flesh lays. You saw some glimpses of the titans and from what you saw some were weird looking, in a horrifying way. Some had huge smiles that curled and seemed as if when they came in contact with humans it just grew bigger. Some titans were the size of children which gave an uncomfortable feeling of a mere child becoming one with the creatures. Each titan looked unique in a bad way. Some were skinny, some were fat. Some were lanky, some were short. Some ran, some walked. But no matter how different they truly were, they all had a number one priority.

To kill.

Eren and Mikasa ran off to go hurry to their parents, leaving you and Armin behind. Armin called out to them in a hurry but they were gone in a blink of an eye. You were still in utter shock right where you were. You just couldn't believe it at all, you couldn't believe that the monsters were now attacking. The screams of terror echoed through your ears. The loud sound of large feet made the ground shook and even made buildings collapsed.

You wanted to know if your parents were okay... you wanted to know if they were worried about you. You wanted to know so many things but just didn't have any of the answers. You were hopeless, unable to do anything.

You snapped out of your trance when you saw Armin's grandfather lift Armin over his shoulder swiftly. Armin reached his arm out for you worriedly, wanting you to come with him. You assumed that his grandfather got the message and he too swung you over his shoulder and hurried off with the two of you. You felt tired. You wanted to sleep. Even though hell was breaking, you found your eyes get heavy. However, you did feel the soft feeling of someone holding your right hand in a tight grip before you closed your eyes.

~

Armin was standing up on the boat as he stretched his neck to see if he could see his other friends. Eren and Mikasa, he hadn't saw them since they ran off back home after the titans broke into the walls. Or was he...?

"Armin, you should sit down." His grandfather spoke grumbly, turning his head to his grandson.

"But grandpa I wanna see the dead people!" Armin protested. When he turned his head back around away from his grandfather he gasped. "Hey look my friends!" He exclaimed. However, he saw from afar that Mikasa and Eren both had depressed expressions on their faces. Armin's expression faltered at the sight. He slumped back down in his seat on the boat before turning to you, who was still fast asleep. Armin stared at you silently.

He never saw you sleep before, of course. But this was indeed a first. You looked so nice as you slept soundly. He couldn't draw his eyes away from the sight of your slumber. But it did make his heart bang with hurt due to the fact that the perfect replica doll of you was now gone... including the shrine, maybe it'll be okay? At least you didn't die. If you were to die he might as well too, he can't live without you. He still remembered how he held your hand for the very first time! He knows it's not the time but he can't help it. Your hand felt so soft yet cold in his grasp, it made him feel so many emotions swell inside of him to the fullest. Armin would've held your hand longer if his grandfather didn't take him off of his shoulder and kept you up there with him considering that you were fast asleep.

It wouldn't hurt to hold it again, right?

He just craved the feeling of your fingers entangled with his very own—he couldn't resist. He needed to feel your touch. He wanted it. He needed it. He craved it. He wanted it all. Just to feel your skin on his was enough to bring him joy. Maybe he could hold your hand just a little longer? It wouldn't be bad—it's just a harmless little gesture of love, that isn't so bad? Right?—