Day One

Everything was set.

The paperwork done, at least for the muggles.

Amelia was their daughter now.

Sirius picked up Amelia and walk outside with Remus, happy as his family now was bigger. "Where are we going now ? ",asked Amelia, clutching Sirius's coat. It was as if she was still worried that they might change their mind and leave her there. "We're going home now Amelia. We want to explain everything to you first, at least on the surface level and then we can get things done officially after that. Is that okay with you Amelia.", asks Remus.  "What do you think Amelia? Is that okay with you ? We can do something else if you want?", asks Sirius, pausing his steps to look at her. She smiles at him and shakes her head," No we can go home"

After agreeing on their plan, they continued their journey. Amelia, bored of the silence, feel asleep on Sirius's shoulder. "I knew this was a good decision Remus. Look at her, she is adorable. They must have treated her badly. She is so thin and frail. It is a good thing that nasty orphanage is closing down. I would have burned the building myself otherwise. ",grumbled Sirius. Maybe it was the fact that the adoption was now finalized or maybe it was the way Amelia was clutching his clothes in fear even in sleep, he felt more protective of her by the second. "I think they must have seen or heard something. Magic scares those who don't know about it. Though that wouldn't justify neglecting a child, I wonder if they kept her away from the other children to protect the rest....", Remus, tried to reason with Sirius. Scoffing. Sirius shook his head and muttered slowly, "There is no reason big enough to hurt a child like this." Remus could see that the anger simmering within  Sirius so he tried to change the subject, "Should we stop to eat something? It will be dinner time soon." After a few seconds of thinking Sirius replied," No, Let's just take her home. It is important that we explain everything to her and make sure she knows that she will never have to face anything like that again. I don't want to waste anymore time, we'll eat at home."

They rushed towards themselves so that they could reach their destination and leave all of this behind. As they stood outside the Leaky Cauldron, Sirius had to transform himself, "Let's be glad she is asleep. This would have been difficult to explain", chuckled Remus. They then entered the room and took into the shabby surroundings. Without waiting for anyone to notice them they simply walked across the room and went straight towards the brick wall. Pushing the familiar bricks, Remus sighed in relief, now the real test began. He knew that getting Amelia and Sirius safely back to their home would be a difficult task yet one that he had to complete. Sirius can't be seen in public and Amelia can't be seen with him. Quickly he got them through the crowd and into the shop they were looking for. They had decided to use the floo networks instead of apparition as it would be easier. The minute they entered the shop, Sirius transformed back and took Amelia from Remus. "Amelia, darling you have to wake up now. We've reached our destination.", he whispered, not wanting to startle her.

The little girl woke up, rubbing her eyes, and found herself in a very dimly lit room. "Is this your home?" ,she asked, looking around. The sudden flames that lit ablaze in the fireplace startled her, and she ran behind Sirius. "This is how we'll go home darling.", informed Remus. He picked up a bowl and poured some floo powder in her tiny hands. He then looked at her ,"Now darling we will have to separately so listen carefully okay?" The thought of leaving alone created a sense of panic in the little girl's mind, "Why alone? I can go with one of you. I will not let go of your hand, I promise." Remus shook his head," Don't worry sweetheart. This is safe. Now repeat with me... Grimmauld Place." She repeated the two words a few times, making sure she said it correctly and loud. Remus then took some floo powder in his own hand and walked inside the fireplace ,"Now I'll show you exactly how we will do this." He then scattered the floo powder on the flames and gave the location. Amelia gasped as she saw Remus being engulfed in green flames and then disappearing. Sensing her fears, Sirius knelt down and gave her a hug, "Don't worry honey. The flames are not real. They will not hurt you. Just make sure to keep your eyes closed and elbows tucked in. Also, do not move or try to walk out until you see Remus calling out for you. Okay?" Nodding, she walked over to the edge of the fire. Taking a deep breath, she scattered the floo powder and gave the location as Remus did. Sirius smiling and waving goodbye was the last thing she saw before the flames got bigger. It was like she was sucked in a hole with a lot of force. She kept her eyes tightly shut until she heard Remus call out her name.