The Wand

The sun rose over the horizon, casting a golden light over the grounds of Grimmauld Place. Birds sang in the trees, their cheerful melodies drifting through the open windows of the house. Amelia yawned and stretched, blinking sleepily as she made her way to the kitchen. She found Sirius and Remus already there, preparing breakfast. "Good morning, sleepyhead," Sirius said, grinning at her. "Did you sleep well?" Amelia nodded, rubbing her eyes. "Yes, thank you. What's for breakfast?" Remus placed a plate of pancakes on the table, the smell of warm maple syrup filling the air. "Pancakes, you said you like them with chocolate chips." They sat down to eat, chatting and laughing as they enjoyed their meal. After breakfast, they decided to explore the garden. The garden was alive with colour, the flowers in full bloom. Bees buzzed lazily from flower to flower, and butterflies flitted through the air. Amelia ran ahead, laughing as she chased after a particularly elusive butterfly. "Careful, Amelia," Remus called after her, a smile on his face. "Don't want to get lost out here. Also, be careful of the garden gnomes, do not fight or play with them Amelia." But Amelia was too caught up in the joy of the moment to listen. She loved the garden and ran across the grass, her laughter ringing out like music. Sirius watched her with a fond smile. "She's like a ray of sunshine, isn't she? I am really glad we decided to do this." Remus nodded, his eyes shining with affection. "She's brought so much light into our lives, Sirius. I don't know what we'd do without her." As the morning wore on, they played games and explored every corner of the garden. Eventually, they made their way back to the house, tired but happy. As they sat on the porch, enjoying the warmth of the sun on their faces, Sirius pulled out his wand once more. "Want to see another trick?" he asked, a mischievous glint in his eye. Amelia nodded eagerly, and Sirius waved his wand, conjuring a bouquet of flowers from thin air. He handed them to Amelia with a flourish, a proud smile on his face. "For you, my queen," he said, bowing theatrically. Amelia giggled and took the flowers, her heart full of love for the two men who had become her family. As she sat there, surrounded by warmth and laughter, she knew that she was exactly where she was meant to be. "Now darling, there is one last thing we need to do. We have to buy you a wand. I'll also teach you a few basics that will help you begin your classes Hogwarts."

He saw Amelia's expression change from excitement to worry before she spoke up," I don't know if it would work for me. I have never really used them before." "So do you perform wandless magic usually?", asked Sirius. This caught Remus' attention, as he had been wondering about Amelia's abilities. He knew that someone must have seen her use magic because of the way that the woman from the orphanage had warned him. To answer Sirius's question, Amelia simply stared at him and lifted her hand. Immediately, the pots and pans around the kitchen started floating until they almost reached the roof. Remus stood there frozen, while Sirius laughed loudly and clapped. "Look Remus, she knows non-verbal magic." Eager to show them some more of her tricks, she started juggling the pots and pans in the air, enjoying how happy Sirius was . "Alright now, settle down.", chuckled Remus, before continuing. " And don't worry. All wizards have their own wands. We'll go to Ollivander's and speak to him. I'm sure he'll help you find one."

Amelia stood outside Ollivander's, her heart pounding with excitement. Ever since Remus explained her about how the wand will choose it's own master, she hasn't been able to stop thinking about it. Remus stood beside her, a smile on his face. "Are you ready, Amelia?" Amelia nodded eagerly, her eyes shining with anticipation. Together, they pushed open the door and stepped into the dimly lit shop. The shelves were lined with boxes of wands of all shapes and sizes, and the air was filled with the smell of old wood and magic. At the far end of the shop, a thin, elderly man with silver hair stood behind the counter, his eyes twinkling with mischief. Remus was the only one who noticed the man as Amelia was busy staring at the huge stacks of wooden boxes that almost touched the roof. "Ah, Mr. Lupin, Miss Amelia, how nice to see you," he said, his voice soft and melodious. "Here for a wand, I presume?" Remus nodded. "Yes, for Amelia. She's just started at Hogwarts, and it's time for her to get her own wand." Mr. Ollivander smiled knowingly. "Of course, of course. Let's see what we have for you, Miss Amelia." He disappeared into the stacks of boxes and reappeared a moment later, carrying a long, slender box. He opened it to reveal a beautiful wand made of oak, with a phoenix feather core.