A Real Family

Sirius and Remus sat at the kitchen table, surrounded by a mountain of paperwork. Adopting Amelia had been a dream come true, but now they were faced with the daunting task of navigating the bureaucratic maze of the wizarding world. It was relief that only Sirius was applying as the parent which meant that the paperwork was significantly less. "This is ridiculous," Sirius muttered, flipping through yet another form. "Why do they need to know the color of your great-aunt's cat's fur?" Remus chuckled, shaking his head. "It's just how things are done in the wizarding world, Sirius. We'll get through this." Amelia sat across from them, a look of confusion on her face. She had grown up in the Muggle world and was still getting used to the intricacies of magical bureaucracy. "I don't understand any of this," she said, her voice filled with frustration. She threw her green pen on the table and tried peeking at Sirius's answers. Remus smiled reassuringly. "Don't worry, Amelia. We'll explain everything to you. It's just a matter of filling out the forms correctly and submitting them to the Ministry of Magic." After what seemed like hours of filling out forms and deciphering arcane regulations, they finally finished. Sirius let out a sigh of relief, leaning back in his chair. "Well, that's done," he said, a grin spreading across his face. "Now we just have to wait for approval." As if on cue, there was a loud *pop* and a small, old wizard appeared in the kitchen. He was dressed in elaborate robes and carried a stack of parchment in his hand. "I'm from the Ministry of Magic," he announced, his voice stern. "I'm here to review your application for adoption." Sirius and Remus exchanged a nervous glance, their hearts pounding in their chests. They had heard stories about the strict regulations and scrutiny of the Ministry's adoption process. The wizard spent several minutes reviewing the paperwork, his brow furrowed in concentration. Finally, he looked up, a smile breaking across his face. "Everything seems to be in order," he said, his voice warm. "I'm pleased to inform you that your application for adoption has been approved. She'll be officially added to the Black's family tree and will be able to own her own vaults in Gringotts." Relief washed over Sirius, Remus, and Amelia, their faces breaking into smiles of joy and gratitude. The three people had never really felt the warmth of love, but now, as they embraced each other, they knew that they were finally home.

Sirius Black and Remus Lupin stood in the bustling shopping district of Diagon Alley, their arms laden with bags of newly purchased wizarding supplies. They had spent the entire day buying everything Amelia would need for her first year at Hogwarts, and now they were on their way to find her some new clothes.

"I can't believe how much stuff we had to buy," Sirius said, a grin spreading across his face. "Who knew being a parent would be so expensive?" Remus chuckled, adjusting the stack of bags in his arms. "It's all worth it though. Seeing the look on Amelia's face when she sees everything we've bought for her... it's priceless." They made their way to Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions, a small shop tucked away between two larger storefronts. Sirius transformed himself back when they reached the door, and started walking alongside Amelia. As they entered, a bell tinkled overhead, announcing their arrival. Madam Malkin, a plump witch with a kind smile, bustled over to greet them. "Good afternoon, gentleman," she said, her voice cheerful. "How can I help you today?" "I looking for some new clothes for our daughter," Remus replied, gesturing to the bags they were carrying. "She's starting Hogwarts this year, and we want to make sure she has everything she needs." Madam Malkin's eyes lit up with understanding. "Of course, of course. Right this way." She led them to a section of the shop filled with racks of robes in every color and style imaginable. Amelia's eyes widened in awe as she took in the array of clothing before her. "Wow," she breathed, reaching out to touch a soft, emerald-green robe. "These are amazing." Madam Malkin smiled kindly. "Go ahead and try a few on, dear. Let's see what suits you best." For the next hour, Amelia tried on robe after robe, each one more beautiful than the last. Sirius and Remus watched with pride, their hearts swelling with love for the girl who had become their daughter in every way that mattered. Finally, after much deliberation, they settled on a set of robes, complete with a matching scarf and hat. Though Sirius couldn't say anything in front of the lady, he was very happy seeing his daughter have fun. Amelia twirled in front of the mirror, her face glowing with happiness. "I love them. Thank you, both of you." As they left the shop, the sun was beginning to set, casting a warm glow over Diagon Alley. Sirius, Remus, and Amelia entered their home, arm in arm, their hearts full of love and excitement for the future. Together, they were ready to face whatever adventures Hogwarts had in store for them.

Sirius Black and Remus Lupin watched with anticipation as Amelia carefully examined the assortment of paint swatches spread out on the kitchen table. Now that everything was done, they were eager to make their house feel more like her home. "What do you think, Amelia?" Sirius asked, pointing to a vibrant shade of blue. "Do you like this one for the living room?" Amelia studied the swatch for a moment before shaking her head. "I think something warmer would be better, like this one," she replied, pointing to a soft, golden hue. Remus smiled approvingly. "I think you're right, Amelia. That color will make the room feel cozy and inviting." As they discussed paint colors and furniture arrangements, Sirius and Remus took the opportunity to tell Amelia more about Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, where she would be starting her first year in just a few weeks. "It's an incredible place, Hogwarts," Remus began, his eyes lighting up with excitement. "It's not just a school; it's a home away from home, filled with magic and wonder." Sirius nodded, his gaze thoughtful. "And the best part is, you'll be sorted into one of four houses: Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, or Slytherin. Each house has its own unique qualities and values." Amelia listened intently, her eyes wide with wonder. "Which house were you in Dad? And you, Papa?" Sirius grinned. "I was in Gryffindor, the house of the brave and daring." Remus chuckled. "And I was in Gryffindor as well. It's where we met James and Peter, our best friends." Amelia smiled, a spark of excitement in her eyes. "I can't wait to find out which house I'll be in. Do you think I'll be in Gryffindor too?" Sirius and Remus exchanged a knowing glance. "You certainly have the bravery and determination for Gryffindor," Remus said, his voice filled with pride. "But the Sorting Hat takes many things into account, so we'll just have to wait and see." The entire week, the three of them worked together to transform the house, painting walls, rearranging furniture, and adding personal touches that reflected Amelia's unique style. With each stroke of the brush and each piece of furniture moved into place, the house began to feel more like a home—a place where Amelia belonged. As evening approached, they sat down to a simple meal, the warm glow of the setting sun casting a soft light over the room. Remus raised his glass in a toast. "To new beginnings," he said, his voice filled with warmth. "To new beginnings," Sirius and Amelia echoed, clinking their glasses together. As they ate, laughter and conversation filled the air, the bond between them growing stronger with each passing moment. And as they sat together, surrounded by the love and support of their newfound family, they knew that no matter what the future held, they would face it together.