"Kwan get up. I can't vacuum because of you" Mingyu said in distress. Seungkwan ignored him but that resulted in Mingyu kicking him. Not hard, but it was enough to piss his twin off. Seungkwan frowned at his twin and moved to a different spot. He wasn't feeling well and Mingyu could see that he wasn't because Seungkwan wasn't arguing back like he usually would. He said nothing from the moment he walked through the door.

"I'm ordering Chinese since Wonwoo likes it. What do you want?" Mingyu asked but was given no response. He sighed. He didn't know why Seungkwan was upset, he would sit him down and force him to talk, but Wonwoo was visiting his dorm for the first time, and he wanted his visit to be perfect.

Wonwoo walked onto campus feeling fascinated at how huge it was, hoping that one day he'd be able to be there as a student and not just to visit his childhood friends.

"Won" Mingyu said to Wonwoo when he opened the door upon his arrival. "Come in"

When the youngest walked inside the dorm -that Mingyu had all to himself since the college never assigned him a dorm mate- Wonwoo saw Seungkwan sitting on his brother's bed scrolling through his phone. "Hey Kwan" he greeted and the other just nodded. Noticing the weird behavior, the youngest looked at Mingyu as if asking what was wrong and he shrugged.

"How's college so far?" Wonwoo asked, trying to start a conversation. "It's really nice. I signed up for the volleyball team. I'm going to train for two weeks before they accept me though" Mingyu replied, eyes sparkling with excitement as he remembered how the volleyball team was playing during their practice earlier. Wonwoo made an ooo sound. "The PE teacher already misses you. He's constantly asking about you, it's annoying" He rolled his eyes.

Suddenly Seungkwan groaned loudly before getting up and gathering his stuff. Both Wonwoo and Mingyu turned to him, surprised. "Where are you going?" Mingyu asked, confused. "To my dorm" Seungkwan huffed out. "What? Why? Won just got here" His twin said, following after him to stop him from leaving. "Kwan, stop" He tried again. "Let go, please. I don't feel well"

Mingyu flinched at his brother's sharp tone and let go of his hand, hurt written all over his face. Wonwoo put a hand on his shoulder and gave him a gentle squeeze before Seungkwan slammed the door, exiting Mingyu's dorm.

"Soonyoung and I tried to talk to him today. He still won't budge. It's like he completely gave up on himself" Jihoon said speaking to his father as they sat in the living room, trying to keep himself together from punching something. He wasn't an emotional person, but his brothers brought out a different, more protective side of him.

"I don't know what to do, Jihoon. He's never been like this" Jisoo replied.

"When Soonyoung was in his rebellious phase, we let him do whatever he wanted till he realized how stupid he was being" Seungcheol snorted at his husband's comment remembering something that happened during that time. "He snuck out past curfew and locked himself out for the whole night" "And you just left me there" Soonyoung added, still salty at the memory. Jeonghan shrugged with a smile "Face the consequences of your actions"

"But this isn't Seungkwan rebelling. This is him giving up" Seokmin said.

"You should've seen his eyes when he was talking, Dad. He looked like he was fighting himself in his head"

Seungkwan left Mingyu's dorm wanting to go back to the comfort of his bed, feeling horrible after his appointment with his brother, but when he arrived at the step of his dorm, he hesitated to go in. Was Hansol in there? That was his first thought. Seungkwan decided not to risk running into him, prioritizing wanting to be alone. He left the building and started walking mindlessly, not sure where he was heading.

A while passed of Seungkwan and his loud thoughts walking before he found himself at an empty playground. The boy looked around for any sign of kids and saw none. He sat on the swings, remembering when he was seven swinging around with his older brother pushing him. A small smile made his way to his lips before it quickly disappeared.

Jihoon didn't let him play with Mingyu and the other kids because they were running and he wasn't able to do that as much at the time. His brother was always worried about him getting an asthma attack and not being able to breathe.

He was always reading and watching about his illness, seeing all the different cases and studying them. Seungkwan appreciated that a lot, but sometimes it made Jihoon so paranoid that he didn't want him to do anything or be far away from him for a second.

Seungkwan's stomach suddenly rumbled loudly, cutting off his thoughts as he flushed in embarrassment despite no one being there to witness. He glanced around the place, suddenly feeling homesick. Looking at the time, he decided it wasn't too late to pay his dads a surprise visit. He needed them right now more than anyone.

Ringing the doorbell at his parent's house, he stood outside waiting for the door to open, rubbing his hands together to warm himself up. The night was a bit chilly and his hoodie wasn't thick enough to block the cold.

"Kwannie!" Seokmin opened the door, his eyes widening in shock as he saw his son standing outside his front door. "Come in come in," he said ushering Seungkwan inside and closing the door behind him.

Jisoo walked out of the kitchen just as shocked at his son's sudden visit. He looked at his husband, sharing a knowing glance and nodding his head.

"I'll get the hot chocolate and blankets, you two go sit," Seokmin said, sounding determined as if he had a mission to accomplish.

Still having not spoken a word, Seungkwan let Jisoo take him to his side and sit him on the couch as both his parents wrapped a blanket around him, shoving a cup of hot chocolate in his hands.

The three sat close together, both Seokmin and Jisoo's arms around Seungkwan's shoulder, trying to give him comfort as much as possible.

"Thank you" Seungkwan finally spoke for the first time since stepping foot in the house, breaking his silence.

"Anytime, dear. Now tell us what's wrong"

"Nothing is wrong, Dad. I just need this"

"Kwan" Jisoo said with a tougher tone.

"Dad, please. I just...I just want to sit like this for a bit" Seungkwan said desperately, pressing himself against Seokmin like a cat seeking warmth.

Seokmin squeezed Jisoo's hand, trying to stop him from pushing the eighteen-year-old further. He knew something was wrong but he also knew that what Seungkwan needed right now was comfort far more than anything. Talks can happen later when Seungkwan is feeling better and doesn't look like a depressed divorcee.

———————————