Chapter XIII - Tomorrow

Gabe walks to the bathroom adjacent to his room, bringing me with him. He sets his phone on the counter, letting the back rest against the mirror. Gabe sets back, allowing his entire body to be visible in frame. My eyes move from his slightly reddened face down to his pecs and core.

"You look pretty excited, considering that you see me like this every day," he says as he pulls down his shorts. He's wearing a pair of red boxer briefs – the red boxer briefs.

"Yeah, but now I'm not surrounded by guys who hate my guts." Gabe leans down, resting his elbows on the counter.

"Well, they'd hate mine too if they knew about us. They're just jealous that they can't have you."

"Gabe!" I laugh. "I don't know about that."

"I'd be pretty angry if I couldn't have you, so I guess I can't blame them too much." He smiles that wide, loving smile. "I'm a pretty lucky guy." I look at my video at the corner of my screen, not seeing whatever Gabe sees but appreciating his sweetness either way.

"If anyone's lucky here, it's me. I mean, look at you." Gabe steps back, allowing himself to be fully in frame again. He lifts up his right arm, flexing his bicep.

"I think we can agree that both of us are pretty damn hot."

"You're such a flirt, Gabe. I really didn't expect it from you at first." He steps out of view, and I hear the shower turn on.

"What? You mean me calling you the f-slur the first time I talked to you wasn't super charming?" He adjusts his phone so that the camera faces the ceiling.

"Yeah, what was that about? You were giving me extremely mixed signals."

"Gotta keep you guessing," he says. He picks up his phone again and moves it into the shower, placing it on a caddy behind the running water. Gabe steps into the shower, nude now but visible only from the waist up. "Yeah, sorry about that, I was still in denial about the whole bisexual thing." He grabs a washcloth from the shelf next to him.

"You're good. I was just thankful that you didn't beat me up." Gabe wets the washcloth under the water before scrubbing his face.

"Don't get too comfortable," he teases. "There's still time."

"What, you're only inviting me to your house to beat me up?"

"Maybe... but mostly so I can make out with you without hitting my head against a wall." Gabe grabs a bottle from the shower caddy and pumps it onto his washcloth before lathering it against his face.

"I wanted to laugh so badly when that happened," I say, recalling that night. The entire thing is like a flashbulb memory – I can see it all so vividly. Him on top of me, shirtless, almost shining in the moonlight spilling through my window.

"That whole thing would've been perfect if you didn't have a fucking toddler's bed."

"My bed is not that small!" I protest. "I don't think my mother purchased that bed with the idea that I'd be courting many men in there."

"You did not just say that you courted me," Gabe laughs as he spreads body wash over his chest. His hands move the suds over his pecs, then down to his stomach, around to his back...

"You good, dude?" He asks. I guess I zoned out for a minute.

"Oh, yeah, yeah. All good."

"Thinking about what you can't see on camera?" I feel my face warm with a blush.

"You're so full of yourself, Gabe West."

"That's not a 'no,' Jake Wright." He smiles at me, a soft, playful grin that lights up his face. "I know exactly what you're thinking about."