Chapter XV - Sleepover (Part 2)

SMUTTY CHAPTER AHEAD. Consider yourself warned :)

Gabe and I lean against the headboard, supported by pillows, as he turns on his TV. I scoot in closer, and he puts his right arm around me. "So, what are we watching?"

"Call Me by Your Name. You watched it?"

I hold back a laugh. "I haven't. What made you pick that?"

"What do you think?" Gabe kisses my forehead. I rest my head against his chest, feeling secure. There's something so comforting about the scent of his body wash on his skin.

The intro credits come on the TV, and Gabe hands me my plate of pizza. We sit like that, enjoying each other's touch and eating our half-burnt, half-raw slices. Gabe reaches over me, grabs one of the Cokes, and starts to drink straight from the bottle. He looks down at me, noticing my gaze. "Oh, sorry," he says, lowering the bottle. "This is probably super attractive."

"Super attractive," I confirm. "Do you usually eat and drink like a maniac?" He flashes me a playful smile.

"You'll see," he tells me, pulling me closer.

"You're disgusting, you know that?"

"And you love it." Gabe ruffles my hair with his non-greasy hand. We stay wrapped together, enjoying each other's warmth. I trace Gabe's chest and stomach with my fingers, and he rubs my neck.

A few minutes later in the movie, the main character (Elio) pulls his love interest's (Oliver) red swim trunks over his head. "That was you with my boxers," Gabe teases.

"How did you know?" I ask. I think back, wondering if I left any evidence. He turns to me, furrowing his eyebrows.

"I was kidding, dude."

"Oh, yeah, me too," I lie, trying to sound as genuine as possible. I see Gabe's eyes widen with realization. And... shit. I just outed myself.

"No way," he says. "You're freaky! I was not expecting that from you."

"Well," I start, trying to improv a reasonable excuse. I sit there with my mouth open momentarily, coming up short. I settle with a simple "sorry."

"Don't be sorry, I'm just surprised, is all." He reaches for the remote and pauses the movie.

I keep my gaze on the TV. I don't want to look at his face. "Are you, like, grossed out?" I ask, a bit scared to hear the answer.

"No, no, I'm not," he tells me. "I mean, that's actually kind of... hot." I turn away from the screen and back to him.

"What?"

"I guess I thought you were pretty vanilla, but I think I like this side of you."

"You're not weirded out at all? Because it's ok if you are." I'm not sure what my reaction would be if I were in Gabe's place.

"I'm really not. But can I ask what you did with them?" I feel myself blush.

"Um, yeah, that's a pretty fair question. I just, you know." I nod my head like that's an actual answer.

"I think you're gonna have to be more specific."

"Ok, I held them up to my face, and I, uh," I make a jerking motion with my left hand. "Is that detailed enough?"

"I've gotta know more, Jake! I want to hear all about it, if you'll divulge, that is. You don't have to tell me anything, but I do kind of want to know what you're into. I can't keep my promise to you if I don't know." I think back to the night he made the promise: One day, I'm gonna make you come.