Deep Diving

~Pixal and Zane~

Pixal and Zane were flying above the ocean toward where they had been requested for a rescue mission. Zane was in the ShuriCopter and Pixal in her Samurai X Suit also known as the Kaiju Mech.

"I cannot help but feel a little badly that we did not include Nya on this mission," Pixal admitted over the interface screen. She was wearing her mech's helmet so her face was obscured from view but Zane could tell she was frowning from the tone of her voice.

"I have similar misgivings, but in her current state, Nya would only present a danger," Zane admitted

"As does that," Pixal said and she pointed towards the Mary Louise the boat that had sent out the distress signal, it was being held by what looked like octopus tentacles. They were swarming the boat and warping around it.

"Help, help! Over here!" The woman shouted desperately she was standing on the check waving her arms to get Zane's and Pixal's attention. "We're going down!" another man screamed as the tentacles encroached more onto the boat. Forcing the crew to leap from the sides and into the water below.

"I do not understand. Octopuses are peaceful creatures who seldom venture to the surface," Zane said The boat was on its side as the tentacles slid back into the water. Zane and Pixal circled the scene.

"I will attempt to calm it down," Pixal said but then the octopus's tentacles wrapped around her suit,- She tried to remain calm as she said, "Something has clearly agitated it," The tentacles wrapped around the suit's limbs restraining it. Even as Pixal made attempts to free herself it'd just yank her back into place.

"Pixal, are you okay?" Zane shouted concern evident in his voice.

"I am fine. Please attend to the sailors while I attempt to reason with the creature," Pixal said calmly even though the tentacles continued to wrap around her even more tightly.

"Affirmative," Zane agreed and he froze the water under the sailors saving them from drowning they cheered relieved to be saved.

"Please release me before I am forced to resort to physical measures. I repeat, please " Pixal said still calmly but firmly.

A strange pulse flew over the surface of the water and when it hit Pixal, Instantly the lights in Pixal's suit turned red and started flashing a warning appeared on her screen and an automated voice in the suit repeated, "Danger. Danger." Before flickering off the suit powered down.

"What was that?" Pixal shouted but the suit was soon pulled into the water below by the creature.

"Pixal. Pixal! do you copy?" Zane shouted

Pixal was being dragged deeper and deeper below the surface of the water. She repeated again with more urgency, "Please release me before I am forced to resort to physical measures. I repeat, please -" Suddenly, the octopus lets go and leaves almost as if scared by something.

Zane landed the copter in the water hastily and kicked open his hatch. He got onto the edge and shouted through the coms, "Pixal if you can hear me, eject from the mech. I'm sending down a line," He shot the grappler into the water, but it didn't reach Pixal in time falling just short of the mech's grasp.

"Zane! Zane, do you copy? I have lost all power," Pixal explained as she tried to press the buttons on her otherwise dead screen.

"Pixal, Come in!" Zane shouted as he pressed some buttons and the Shuricopter went back to normal. "Pixal if you can hear me, reboot your primary ignition system. Reboot primary ignition!" He screamed desperately.

"Hmm, this is somewhat troubling," Pixal muttered to herself as she observed her still-dead screen.

"Danger. Approaching crush depth. Danger. Crush depth. Hull integrity failure in ten seconds. Nine. Eight." The Automated voice warned and continued to count down. The suit creaked and cracks started appearing on the window in front of Pixal as she sunk deeper and deeper.

"Nya taught me a peculiar method in situations like this, which sometimes proves effective. I believe it goes like this," She sighed and punched the control panel, which restarted the mech successfully. "That's better," She muttered

"Pixal come in. Can you hear me? Pixal!" Zane shouted as he circled the spot where she had gone down.

Pixal emerged a few seconds later "I have decided to look into how to pressurize our vehicles for better depth deployment," She said calmly

Zane breathed a sigh of relief and said, "There you are. I was worried," He gazed at the image of Pixal that popped up on his screen. Happiness in his eyes.

"I am worried too, Zane. What was that?" Pixal agreed

"Some kind of energy signal or pulse. I am attempting to triangulate its source. The pulse, whatever it was, appears to originate from out at sea," Zane explained as he typed on his keyboard and looked at the scanner's location.

"From the surface?"

"No, deep below the surface. If I am not mistaken, a trench of some kind," He explained and he lowered a hook for the citizen to hold onto and climb up.

"The energy pulse is what affected that creature. I fear it may also be affecting Nya's powers,"

Zane sighed and said, "If you are correct, we must warn the others,"

~Monastery~

The other ninja and Wu were cleaning up the water. When Misty and Nya walked in. Nya was in obvious distress and it seemed as if Misty had been trying to comfort her.

Nya's breath was shaky as if she had been crying and said, "I'm ... I'm sorry for all the trouble. I don't know what's going on with me, but all of this is my fault,"

"I do not believe that is true," Pixal said she and Zane exited the elevator and entered the living room.

"What do you mean?" Wu asked

"Zane and I believe that an unexplained energy signal from the deep ocean is responsible for the fluctuations in your powers," Pixal explained calmly

"What energy signal?" Lloyd asked raising an eyebrow.

"A pulse, of unknown origins," Zane explained

"It appears to originate here, in the Tartarus Trench," Pixal added and she projected a screen from her eyes. Showing a map scan of the trench.

"It is the deepest known point in the ocean," Zane explained

"Didn't you build a submersible capable of deep sea exploration a number of years ago?" Wu asked

"I did the Hydro Bounty. But it was never fully tested," Pixal admitted

"It's about to be. You're going diving," Wu said and looked toward the Ninja. They gazed at the screen that showed the blinking red dot. It reminded Misty of a siren song calling them to it. Misty glanced at Nya beside her and gently reached out to squeeze her hand reassuringly. Nya closed her eyes and when she opened them again there was a look of determination.