Twelve

Louis' POV

"Again, really? I feel like this is getting a little unhealthy guys. Maybe I should come home and talk to him."

"Louis, you do not need to come home just because Harry is hanging out with Nick. He's just made a new friend, we literally all used to be together every single day. If anything is unhealthy, it's that. Let the kid live a little. You being in love with him doesn't give you a pass to dictate his life."

Louis makes a beeping noise with his mouth and clicks the big red X on the skype call, promptly letting the computer let out a couple rings before he answers the incoming call.

"I do not want to speak with you Liam."

"The same way you don't want to see Harry with another guy, but refuse to ask him out?"

"Thats different, it's not that I don't it's just that-"

"We're too far apart, and he probably doesn't even like me. He's too attractive for me. We don't have the same style. We've been best friends since, like, forever!" Liam mocks Louis' grimace. "It's the same five excuses every time. And you know every excuse has an answer behind it, you're just too much of a baby to do anything about it."

"I've got to go finish up some homework for my lecture tomorrow, goodnight, Liam." He closes the computer without waiting for a response, and looks down at his phone, revealing the newest upload from harrys94, featuring a picture of Harry and Nick wearing almost the same exact outfit. Harry's hair has grown out long, and it makes Louis realize how much he had been neglecting making a trip home.

Zayn had offered for him to come along when he had gone for Halloween, but Louis had accidentally blacked out the night before at a party, and opted out of going when Zayn woke him up the next morning.

Louis looks at the calendar, his mouth twisting into a frown. He had left home a little over four months ago for school, and it was now nearing Christmas. He hadn't been home once since. He always gave his mom the same excuse, that school was busy, and he kept a tight schedule. They both knew that was bullshit. She had let it slide, but he knew that there was no more avoiding going home with both his birthday and Christmas coming along.

Swiping out of Instagram, his finger hovers over him and Harrys messages. The last thing in the chat was from Harry.

Haz: I guess I'll get a different costume then.

October 31st, 1:50 pm. Zayn would have just arrived home not too long before that, without Louis. Louis had said he would match with Harry for a costume, but obviously did not come. He never had the balls to text back, and Harry never sent another text.

Realistically, Louis knew Liam was right. He had absolutely no say in who Harry talked too, and with the way he had been acting, he couldn't be feeling this way about anything to do with Harry. But it didn't stop his heart from tugging on his chest.

"Send the message."

Louis swings around in his chair, not realizing Zayn had been standing directly behind him. "What? How long have you been there?"

"Long enough to know that you need to send that message."

Louis looks down and sees what he typed in the message bar, which is weird because he doesn't even really remember typing it out. He bites his lip, sets his phone down on his desk, stares at the message until his screen goes dark, and presses send before shutting his phone off and going to bed.

*

Me: Your hair has gotten really long... I like it. Brings out your prettiness.

Haz: Thanks. I've grown it out for every month you've been gone.