Luhan's Soccer Practice (Baekhan/Kyunghan)

Luhan crept in through the front door of the dorm; the short beep of the alarm sent a spike of fear through Luhan's chest, which already ached from the stifled coughs building inside. It was around 9:00 at night. Soccer practice had ended almost forty-five minutes ago. It usually only took Luhan 20 minutes to get home, but fighting this nasty cold and fever, it had taken him significantly longer as he stumbled through the sidewalks of Seoul, coughing and sneezing. The practice had absolutely drained him, and it was just drills! Walking home had exhausted him even further. Sweat rained down his face despite it being mid-November. His breathing was labored and strained. His skin was pale and his normally sharp features drawn.

He kept the door handle twisted as he closed it, trying to make the least noise possible. Once the door was shut, Luhan turned around to face the living room where he was met with the fierce gazes of both Baekhyun and Kyungsoo. Sehun was sitting on a chair, looking guilty. 'Brat must have told them,' Luhan thought to himself. His eyes bore into Sehun making the younger boy squirm and lower his head. Baekhyun saw this and immediately snapped at the Chinese boy.

"Luhan !" The boy's eyes darted to Baekhyun's and his glare faded into a look of guilt and shame, similar to Sehun's.

"Where the hell have you been?" Baekhyun demanded. Kyungsoo's eyes shifted up to Baekhyun's face, seeing the vein pop out of his neck. He directed his attention back to Luhan who was now cowering.

"Are you okay, Luhan? You don't look well. You should be in bed, resting," he said gently.

"Hyung, I'm sorry, but I had to go to practice becau-"

"Enough!" Baekhyun interjected. "I told you that you were not to attend practice. You have a high fever and-"

"But hyung, you don't underst-"

"Do NOT interrupt me, little boy! I am your hyung, show some respect! Not only did you disobey me, but you have the nerve to argue with me?"

Before Luhan could react, he heard footsteps approaching them from upstairs. Xiumin and Suho appeared at the top of the stairs, having heard the commotion from downstairs. Xiumin frowned upon seeing Luhan's weakened state. Suho rushed down the stairs, Xiumin behind him, to feel the boy's forehead.

"Luhan! You're burning up," Suho exclaims, his left hand clasped cheek. Luhan tried to shy away from Suho's touch, but Junmyeon was having none of it. "You have exactly 10 seconds to get your little butt back up into the bed, or I'll make you regret it," he said sternly.

"Oh, I'm not done with him," Baekhyun said, inserting himself, before starting to stalk towards the boy around the couch. Luhan backed away inch by inch as tears began falling down his face, and his mouth gaped open.

"Baekhyun, stop," Xiumin said standing between Luhan and the furious Byun Baekhyun. "You need to calm down before any punishment happens. We'll deal with this in the morning." Baekhyun rolled his eyes but backed off.

"Luhan. To bed. Immediately," Xiumin shooed the boy off. Luhan didn't need to be told twice. He bolted up the stairs to the room he shared with Sehun, tears falling to each step. He slammed the door a bit harder than he had intended to and jumped into his bed. He silently screamed into his pillow. He was so frustrated. He already didn't perform well at practice because he was sick and now he was in trouble with Baekhyun.

He scrunched himself into the fetal position in the bed as he cried. Just then, the door creaked open. 'It must be Baekhyun! It's because I slammed the door!' Luhan's thoughts raced, still keeping his head buried in his pillow.

"Hyung?" A small voice pierced through the silence. Luhan looked up. Sehun. His fear and sadness instantaneously turned to rage, his eyes narrowing.

"I just wanted to tell you that I'm sorry. I had to tell them because-"