~The Heir Of Norway and Florence I~

July 4th 1521, Bright Family Residence, Greece

👑

"Great Auntie Samara? When is the baby coming?" Martha (8) asked, laying her ear on Samara's heavily pregnant belly, their heart thumping loudly against her ear as Samara played with her gorgeous locks of red hair. She was smiling, but she was still worried. She lost many of her children thanks to her late Ex-Husband.

The final straw was after they'd buried George and Alexander. Instead of mourning with her, Tamiran was out making love with Ingrid Cassia, which resulted in the wench giving birth to Tamiran's bastard daughter, Isabelle Margaret Cassia (12), and their sickly son, Alistair Soloist Cassia (4. Died June 21st 1515).

As Samara contemplated her thoughts, her ladies looked on with worried looks. It was only five of them today: Lady Juliet (36), Lady Bethany (35), Lady Maria (35), Lady Grace (34) and Lady Dorothy (33). However, Lady Jane was absent, stating she wasn't feeling well and hoarded herself inside the Ladies' quarters in hopes of completing her plan.

"I'm worried, Juliet," Grace whispered, glancing at Samara and Martha with concern. Juliet laced her fingers, confused as the others resumed their tasks.

"Worried about what exactly, Grace?" Juliet questioned, following her gaze to where her Mistress lay on the soft silk sheets of her bed, Martha beside her, an innocent, sweet child who is evolving without the tenderness of a maternal caretaker or having someone to aspire solace in, aside from Margaret and her Mother's relatives. Her Father's side, not so much.

Sighing, Grace explained. "I'm worried because...What if something happens to them?"

"Why does that concern you, Grace?"

"Well, *sighs*, I mean, it's Prince George and Prince Alexander's memorial in a week, as well as having this forthcoming heir to Norway and Florence on the way. I'm scared something will happen to Samara. This babe will be her 14th child, and she's already 55."

Juliet knew where Grace was going with this. She was frightened the baby would be stillborn or that Samara would miscarry like her other babies. Three were stillborn, four miscarried, two illegitimate, and three died as infants. The thought of it made her sick. Her stomach churned, and her ears rang like a blood-curdling shriek. They rang with her cries. The cries of her Mistress each time she gave birth, but had the child taken from her, one. By. One!

Her thoughts then shrouded to Jane, Jane. What if Jane faked being ill to resume going through with her scheme? What would Father say if he discovered Jane's motives to twist to sin by using the poison on Samara? Replicating the exact mistake Tamara had made with ten of her deceased children?

(Meanwhile, with Norman...)

)