Newt [3]

"Why does it still hurt so much?"

Cold, that's all I could feel. His skin was cold, black spit started to dry on his chin. His sandy blonde hair, blowing in the breeze. His eyes, lifeless, black, empty. My throat raw from the deafening screams and pleas for him to wake up.

He was gone. There was nothing I could do about it. A knife, through his chest, ending his life. My knees sore from hitting the concrete ground. Minho tried to pull me away from his body, but I kept crawling my way back to him.

Tears rolled down my cheeks, burning my skin on their path. I couldn't deal with this pain anymore. My body gave out, landing on his stomach.

The salty tears dampened his shirt.

"Y/n, come on! We have to go! Please," Minho wrapped his arms around me, throwing me over his shoulder.

"Minho, please just leave me here. I can't leave him!" I sobbed even harder. The thought of leaving his body there made me sick. He didn't respond to my request, running towards the berg.

6 months later

It's been 6 months since I lost the love of my life. Everyday I miss him, he won't leave my mind. Thomas and Minho have been my life supports, keeping me sane.

I was sitting by the fire when my mind started to wander.

"Love, have you seen my shirt?" Newt walked around our shared hut shirtless. I giggled knowing exactly where his shirt was. On me.

"Why are you bloody giggling over there?" He asked and turned around to face me, in his shirt. "You cheeky little thing!"

"You're just mad it looks better on me than you," I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling his lips to mine. "You're right, love, you look...absolutely...amazing!"

"Hey, you okay?" Minho's voice brought me out of my thoughts. I blinked the tears away from my eyes, wiping the ones that already fell.

"Why does it still hurt so much?" I felt my lip quivering and my vision filled with tears.

"Aww you poor thing. Come here," Minho opened his arms and I immediately placed myself in them. Sobs took over my body, Minho's hand rubbing up and down my back.

"Why Min? Why does it hurt my heart so bad?" I couldn't describe the feeling I had in my chest. My heart felt like it had shattered into a thousand pieces. Whenever I try and put it back together, it breaks all over again.

"Y/n, it's gonna hurt for a while. But Newt would want you to move on and be happy. He would be hurt more than you if he saw you crying right now," I know Minho was right, but it was so hard to get over him.

"You know I still think about him too, right?" I nodded my head that rested on his chest. The tears had slowed, and my breathing had slowed down.

"It's just so hard to get over the fact that he's gone. I will never see him again."

"I know, honey. I know you'll be okay though. Things will start to get better."

This is what I needed in my life. People that will always help me get through my rough patches.