a miracle| one

Wool's Orphanage

Zi Carina Lestrange-Slytherin or as he was known now, Zi, was sitting upon his small bed. He sat there staring out the window as he watched the other children of the orphanage play outside. The young boy sometimes wished he could play with them or at least spend some time outdoors, away from the one bedroom he was trapped in.

He had been there since he was a baby, given to the caretaker on one stormy night. The small boy was never treated normally all his time there. He supposed it was because of his aura. Though he couldn't feel it, he had been told that he was filled with darkness, and it led to him being an outcast.

The caretaker was rude to him because of it. She called him an abomination, a monster, and forever tried to beat the darkness out of him. He was given scraps of food, leftovers from the meals she would cook for the rest of the children. She locked him in the small bedroom 24/7 and refused to let him out so as to not disturb the other kids.

When he was smaller, around the age of five, he would sneak out when she left the orphanage and try to play with the children. That never worked too well for him though as none of the children wanted to play with him because they were scared, he would hurt them. The caretaker told them stories about him to strike fear into their minds causing them to avoid him at all costs.

To sum it up, all of his eleven years there were hell and he prayed for a way out every night. Zi knew that there was no way he'd be adopted as he was never allowed to leave the room, but he never gave up small hope that maybe he would be saved one day. Perhaps it would take a magic miracle, but it could happen, right?

¥

It was a normal Saturday for an eleven-year-old Zi. He was alone in a small room, with one window, one cot, and one small bathroom. He sat upon his bed as always watching as the children played outside.

A small kid noticed him and froze as they made eye contact, the little girl was then pulled away by an older girl who glared his way furiously causing him to close his curtains with a sigh.

"She's coming," A small black snake, named Milo, hissed, slithering up Zi's arm onto his neck to hide behind his hair, his words causing Zi to tense

Milo had come into Zi's room one night and after realizing the young boy could communicate with him, he stayed, only leaving to hunt. He had grown protective of the blacknette after learning of the abuse his owner went through. He however could not interfere as he was just a small snake, and he had no idea what the woman would do if she found out he was there. Milo just needed to be there for Zi as much as he could.

"No want pain," Zi whispered putting his knees to his chest, causing Milo to nuzzle his head against his owner's neck as his caretaker and a tall man dressed in all black with jet black hair walked into his small room

"Zi, this man would like to speak with you," She said in a sickeningly sweet tone,"Be on your best behavior," she said, a small glint in her eyes warning him what would happen if he acted out