sorting| two

Hogwarts

Hogwarts

The narrow path had opened suddenly on to the edge of a great black lake. Perched atop a high mountain on the other side, its windows sparkling in the starry sky, was the castle with many turrets and towers.

"No more'n four to a boat!" Hagrid called, pointing to a fleet of little boats sitting in the water by the shore.

Draco guided Zi into a boat and soon two other boys joined them.

"I'm Blaise Zabini, " one of them introduced themselves. He was dark skinned and had a buzz cut.

"I'm Theodore Nott.'" The other boy shyly introduced himself. He had dirty blonde hair and green eyes.

"Draco Malfoy." Draco said, and looked to his cousin who was obviously anxious,”He’s Zi Lestrange-Slytherin,” he spoke proudly, causing the two boys eyes to widen

"Everyone in?" shouted Hagrid, who had a boat to himself, "Right then, FORWARD!" And the fleet of little boats moved off all at once, gliding across the lake, which was as smooth as glass.

Everyone was silent, staring up at the great castle overhead. It towered over them as they sailed nearer and nearer to the cliff on which it stood.

"Heads down!" yelled Hagrid as the first boats reached the cliff; they all bent their heads and the little boats carried them through a curtain of ivy which had a wide opening in the cliff face. They were carried along a dark tunnel, which seemed to be taking them directly underneath the castle, until they reached a kind of underground harbor, where they clambered out onto rocks and pebbles.

Within minutes, they were finally at the castle.

"First years,follow me." A woman came up and motioned for them to follow her at the doors leading to the castle.

"Now, " started the woman as they stopped in front of two big double doors. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall You will be sorted into your houses.The Sorting is a very important ceremony because, while you are here, your house will be something like your family within Hogwarts. You will have classes with the rest of your house, sleep in your house dormitory, and spend free time in your house common room”

"The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at  Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your house points, while any rule-breaking will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points is awarded the house cup, a great honor. I hope each of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours,”

"The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting." The witch then opened the door a bit and went inside, closing it on them.