ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ xxx

The day of the verdict, the one Taehyung spent lying unconscious on the bathroom floor, a lot happened without him knowing. Jungkook's frustration was suffocating those around him, even the closely standing Seokjin who kept sending death glares his way. Though he wasn't sure if they were really meant for Jungkook or himself.

The purple head was conflicted, relieved for his friend to be free but feeling guilty for not doing anything against what was obviously wrong. Though he didn't know Taehyung personally, from what he witnessed that day in the courthouse, the bubbly boy was nothing but a kind soul trapped in a mess he didn't cause.

And they ruined the kindness within a few months. Jungkook didn't answer when they asked about the blue head so they assumed something had gone terribly wrong. And how right they were. Nothing went as planned or as Jungkook expected.

As the three of them walked towards the car, none of them spoke a word. A few reporters used their chance to question them but to no avail. They skillfully dodged each and every one of them and got inside the car, waiting for the ruckus to calm down for them to leave peacefully. Soon enough, the crowd took their leave after getting some of the information from others.

However, what neither of them expected was a blonde woman running towards the car once the surroundings were cleared enough. She rushed towards the starting car and stopped it with her hands which made all of them halt. Namjoon looked from under his glasses, narrowing his eyes at the sudden sight.

“Well now that's unexpected,” Namjoon stated, sharing his thoughts with the rest of the group. Jungkook sighed and got out of the car. Why do those Kims keep running under his cars?

“Jeon, where is my son,” Mrs. Kim asked in a hurry, anger displayed on her face as her features sharpened under the weight of irritation. She was already risking so much, talking to him in the public space but she couldn't care less anymore.

“I don't know…” The words left Jungkook's mouth like a venom, sluggishly finding their way to the surface, leaving the blonde female in a shock. His calm and unbothered demeanor made her more frustrated.

“He left…” He finished before she could jump at his throat with another set of questions, leaving her speechless and rooted to the ground. She didn't understand a single thing, being a foreigner of the blooming sensation of the two, seemingly distracted by the way the raven head spoke about him.

“You know, he’s never really intended to return to you…” He concluded, looking her straight in the eye with nothing but empty gaze, suppressing the longing feeling that always resurfaced at the mention of the petite blue head. The unarmed Mrs. Kim wanted to oppose but was soon interrupted again.

“Don’t look for him if he doesn't want you to. I learned that much…” The last sentence was a bare whisper, avoiding the ears it wasn't meant for. The despair was masked by the dark eyes, carefully hiding the true emotions.

“I just want to know if he is safe.” A laughable statement in Jungkook's opinion. Though he wanted the same he would beg to differ. Mrs. Kim's intentions were anything but pure from the start.

“From what I have heard you two didn't really have a mother-son relationship. How is that even possible then,” maybe it was Jungkook's leaking frustration or he was just willing to speak to her to revive the memories of Taehyung since he would never talk to her voluntarily.

“You have no idea how hard it was to live with such a person.” Jungkook found the excuses of Taehyung's mother hypocritical. As if parenting was an easy task. Raising a child is a full time job and even if it takes a lot of nerves, no one deserves to be treated like Taehyung was. Like someone hard to handle, or something of less value.