Shadows of Hel: Confrontation

It was a sunny Midgardian day, the birds were chirping with love and for a moment Kratos and Faye were really happy. 

Kratos smiled. "Don't you think the time has come to have a child?" asked Kratos. 

"Kratos, a child!? Really? I thought you were one of the most does not like children person I've ever met." laughed Faye. Kratos chuckled.

"I thought the same until I met you."

"Okay so, do you think you can handle this Kratos."

"I screwed up once in fatherhood, I don't want to suck this time."

"Suck what?"

"Fatherh- you crap! You know I didn't mean that!" Faye laughed. "Okay that was a good joke but really, I don't want to screw up this time."

"You will not Kratos because this time neither Ares is here nor Zeus. This time, I am with you."

As their laughter echoed across the sun-kissed meadows of Midgard, Kratos felt a warmth radiate through him, dispelling the shadows of doubt that had long plagued his soul. With Faye by his side, he found solace in the belief that together they could overcome any obstacle, no matter how daunting it may seem.

Yet, even as they basked in the glow of their love, a nagging fear lingered in the recesses of Kratos's mind. Memories of past mistakes haunted him, a constant reminder of the pain and suffering he had unwittingly inflicted upon his own flesh and blood.

But Faye's unwavering faith and boundless optimism served as a beacon of hope, guiding him through the darkest of times. With her gentle encouragement and unwavering support, Kratos dared to believe that he was capable of redemption, that he could rewrite the narrative of his past and forge a brighter future for himself and his loved ones.

And so, with a newfound sense of purpose burning within him, Kratos embraced the prospect of fatherhood with open arms, determined to break the cycle of violence and despair that had plagued his existence for so long. Little did he know, the journey ahead would test his resolve in ways he could never have imagined.

"Wherever you are, whenever you need me, I will be there for you, because you are my paradise, even if you are in the worst place in Midgard, it is my heaven. If you ever call me from far far away I can hear you." 

Kratos's voice was solemn, yet tinged with unwavering devotion as he spoke these words to Faye. His vow echoed across the tranquil landscape, carrying with it the weight of his unyielding commitment to her and their future together.

Faye's eyes shimmered with tears of joy as she embraced Kratos, her heart overflowing with love for the man who had captured her soul. At that moment, surrounded by the beauty of nature and the warmth of their bond, she felt a profound sense of peace wash over her.

With a tender smile, she whispered softly in his ear, "I believe you, Kratos. I believe in us, and in the love that binds us together. No matter what challenges lie ahead, we will face them as one, united in our purpose and strengthened by our love."

And as they stood there, locked in each other's embrace, the world seemed to fade away, leaving only the two of them and the promise of a future filled with hope and possibility. For in that moment, they knew that as long as they had each other, they could weather any storm that came their way.

Hel's laughter reverberated through the shadows, a chilling contrast to the warmth of the day. From her concealed vantage point, she observed Kratos and Faye with a mixture of amusement and contempt. Their love, so pure and unwavering, would soon be their downfall.

As night fell and darkness cloaked the land, Hel emerged from the depths of her domain, her presence commanding and ominous. Faye's voice pierced the silence, her tone laced with defiance as she confronted the goddess of death.