A few weeks later and another surprise

The next few weeks were marked by rituals that I searched online, in books, various libraries and found very little. So far, I had hardly found anything useful information, even my uncle's documents did not help me. Fortunately, I hadn't heard anything more from Elijah, he was either busy finding the killer or he had forgotten his part of the deal, I tended to believe the latter. As Bee had often said, I didn't see the good in people, but rather the bad and was surprised when someone did something good. But I had learned that there was no one who did something out of pure charity, there was always something for which someone did something. It was no different with Elijah, only I didn't know what his goal was yet, but I would find out.

My cell phone snapped me out of my thoughts and a number I didn't know called, I decided to let the person speak to my voicemail and didn't answer. Shortly thereafter, my cell phone reported that a message had been received and I was able to read who had written what without picking up my phone. *It's rude not to answer a call when you're at home and you've picked up your phone*, an unknown number and the person who wrote it was near me? This realization sent shivers down my spine, I got up and left my uncle's office to check on the alarm system I had activated in case someone tried to break into the big house. To my relief, the alarm went off and my uncle's office was not visible from the driveway. Who sent the text message?

The clink of glass reaching my ears told me that whoever had sent the text message was gaining access to this house. The fear that had settled like a block of ice in the stomach area during the text message spread to the rest of the body, I had to find out who was here and how many. I didn't know what safety precautions my uncle had for his private collection. Cautiously, I crept through the house, away from the sounds of the people who had just broken into the house. Who were the people who broke in? Why were they here? Questions to which I would probably never get an answer.

Suddenly, a hand came to my mouth and Elijah's voice reached my ear, "The men who broke in are looking for you." How did he get in? But before I could even think about it, I was suddenly standing outside, by Elijah's car, and the deafening bang that followed silenced any questions that had been on the tip of my tongue. My uncle's house, which belonged to me, was in flames, everything that had been in it was destroyed by the flames. If Elijah hadn't gotten me out, I'd probably be burning to death in the house right now, like the burglars!

"Before you worry about the burglars, they just barely made it" my rescuer remarked dryly and without emotion in his voice, when I turned to him, he looked at me searchingly, as if he expected something from me. Should I get hysterical?

However, before I could form my thoughts and ask a legitimate question, he seemed to have read my thoughts, which were just rolling over. "The house was built in such a way that someone was supposed to break in and they set off a silent alarm that it was going up in flames" was the explanation of what had just happened, but that didn't answer me what the hell he was doing here and what my uncle was thinking. That there was still a lot that I didn't know, I would find out later. "And why were you there?" I asked, while it still felt strange to talk to him on such a friendly basis. Even though something like a friendship had developed over the last few weeks, it still felt strange to me. "Because I got a letter from Jonathan and it seemed important to me that you see the accompanying video recordings" he explained his visit, that he had saved my life today, had not escaped me. But the fact that I hadn't found something so important in my uncle's documents was disturbing. What was my uncle hiding?

Elijah led me into a house, he seemed to have rented a house and offered me something to drink, but the only thing I wanted to know right now was the letter he had been talking about and the video footage. He first handed me the letter and then opened a laptop, which he placed on the kitchen island and gave me the room to view the video recordings. It still didn't feel real what had happened, that Elijah, of all people, who really didn't seem like the caring type, had saved my life. The letter was addressed to Elijah. I decided to read the letter first and then the video recordings.

My best friend,

If this letter reaches you, it means that I am dead and that my niece Marlin is in danger.

The people who have threatened me several times have warned me not to get involved with the Mikaelsons, that my work for you would cost me my life, it seems like their warnings are still true, but I want you to please take care of my niece, she is important to find the rituals you are looking for and she can help you, to carry them out.

Please send her the video footage that I leave on this DVD.

Jonathan

[Poll regarding Elijah POV; do you also want to read Elijah's point of view or just Marlin? I've only written Marlin so far to avoid confusion, feel free to let me know if you'd like to read his point of as well ]