Chapter 2

I'm on my bed scrolling through my phone when I get a message from an unknown number.Before I could reply though,my mum called me.

"Hai okāsan?(yes mother)"I shouted loud enough for her to hear me.

"I need to tell you something!"She replied back.

My heart stopped.Did I fail a test?Did I accidentally break something?I went down stairs stealthily.

"Before you ask no you're not in trouble."She added.I sighed with relief.Could I tell I'm an over thinker?Well it's not always just sometimes.

"Then what did you want to tell me?"I curiously asked.

"My co-worker is coming over with his son,he is two years older than you so ask help if you need to with your studies."She replied.Of course she needs to bring my studies into everything.

"Yeah yeah."I mumbled.
Time skip
I hear the doorbell ring so I get up and open the door.I am greeted with a man my mum's age and a boy next to his age.The boy is wearing normal white shirt with black cargo pants.

"Well you must be Aiko!May we come in?"The man asked.

"Oh yeah totally.This way."I replied.The boy also gave me a little smile and followed his dad.

"Ah Kento-san you're finally here!"My mum greeted the man while the other boy looked around the house.

"My wife apologises that she couldn't make an appearance,as she has to work overtime."He told her."Kai greet them don't just stand there."He whispered to his son.

"Hello aunty and Aiko."He softly said."My name is Kai and I'm 17 years old."

"Well don't just keep standing there go on have a seat!"My mum asked them."Ai-chan why don't you both sit on the couch while me and Kento-san talk."

"Oh uh sure."I replied.

Kai didn't say anything.Just followed me and sat down on the couch.It was definitely awkward not to say the least but I could tell he was nervous.

"So do you want anything to drink or-"
"No!I mean nothing it's fine."
"Oh ok then."

Arata sent me a message.It was a picture of him and his dog.How cute!

"Look it's my best firmed with his dog!Isn't he so cute?"I asked him while staring at Boogie(his dog)

"Yeah,he is really cute."He whispered.

I noticed he wasn't looking at the dog but instead at Arata.I can tell what was happening but I wasn't sure.I didn't want him to be uncomfortable so I just dropped it.

"Does he go to your school?"He asked me.

"Yeah we're in the same class."I replied.

"What school do you go to?"He again asked with curiosity.

"Oh I go to Greendale International School."I said.I really want to know if what I'm thinking is right,but I really don't want to push it.

Time skip
"Kids dinner is ready!"My mum exclaimed and I could smell the smell of tandoori chicken.

"I was told by Kento-san that Kai really like this dish and you do too so why not make it!"She told us with excitement.

"Oh thank you very much aunty."Kai thanked her and took his seat.

Third person POV
They all sat at the dining table.Aiko sat next to her mom in front of Kai.They all were talking but Kai was actually smiling and talking as well.

"Maybe I made it awkward for him?"Aiko thought but continued munching her chicken leg.She sent the photo to Arata which he immediately replied to.she didn't tell him about what Kai did but still told him about Kai.

Time skip
Kento was helping Aiko's mother finishing of everything and the two teens were in the living room.

"Can we exchange phone numbers,so we can hangout sometime?I also want to meet your best friend."He asked her.

Aiko giggled before replying."Okay sure."Now her guess had to be true.Like why would he want to meet Arata-kun so badly?

A/N
Can you guys sense something happening?🤪

I might write some chapters tommorow but let's see.