25. Vijay

"Can I ask you something?" I asked Dad

We were eating fruits in his room.

"Hmm.. "

"How did Oberois and Singhanias become rivals?" I asked.

"Why do you wanna know?"

"I have joined business now don't you think I should know the history behind this?"

"No."

"But Dad I never asked you anything about business when I wasn't there but now that you have trusted me with your position then you need to trust me with this too."

"What you wanna know?" He stopped eating.

"Everything."

"Your Mom, Aarnav's Mom and Dad we all were classmates." He said and I was shocked.

"What!!!!!! "

"Yes."

"So you guys were friends?" I asked.

"Yes we were good friends. Me and your Mom had started getting feelings for each other and we were secretly dating each other after we we had almost completed college. But one day Aarnav's Dad comes to me and reveals that he likes your Mom."

"No way... Aarnav's Dad likes my.... You got to be kidding." I was not ready to believe it.

"I wish I was kidding but I am not. Later I came to know that your Mom's family had accepted Aarnav's father's proposal because they belonged to the same religion and it was arrange marriage. Your mom's father was a very strict man, he didn't allow love marriages at all plus marrying outside the religion."

"How did you guys marry then?" I asked with curiosity.

"We ran away and got married." He said with a playful smile.

"So Nana never agreed for you guys?"

"He did after we married we came back and tried to convince her parents. Even though he was a very angry person, he loved his daughter truly and when your Mom made him believe that there is no one who could treat her better than me, your Nana agreed and accepted us." He said and coughed. I handed him a glass of water.

"What happened to Aarnav's Dad then?" I asked again.

"He was so angry that we got married and he lost his love that he started coming to our house in druken state and would try to convince your Mom everyday. That time he was already the CEO of his company and so was I so I started scamming him in his business. That made his attention shift towards business and he stopped troubling us."