CHAPTER 3

Two elements on Earth. Their origins remained unknown.

     It was a sunny Saturday afternoon at Equinox Sports Club. Dinh wrapped up his choreography lessons and dismissed his class of new talents. He usually did not work weekends, but his clients pay him extra for the special request. Dinh toweled off the sweat and quenched his thirst with mineral water from his 40-ounce Hydro Flask. Dinh checked his phone in the employee locker room and noticed a few missed calls from Khuong.

     Dinh did a quick FaceTime with Khuong.

      "I can't find the star shard!" Khuong exclaimed, worried, "I don't remember where I placed it before I fell asleep!"

     "Hmm... Try sitting calmly for a moment?" Dinh suggested.

     Khuong followed his instruction. "Good! Now hold your palms face up on your lap," continued Dinh.

     With his eyes closed, Khuong was able to stabilize his breathing pattern. Soon enough, he sensed a miniature fog-like mist above his palms. He took a peek and witnessed the star shard emerge from thin air.

     "I found it!" Khuong giggled a smile, "Thanks, Dinh!"

     "No worries, mate," Dinh replied. "Are you free today?"

     "Depends," Khuong snarkily said.

     Dinh's eyelids dropped halfway at Khuong's reply. "I'm kidding, babe!" Khuong tried to redeem himself.

     "Stop calling me 'babe'!" Dinh retorted as his face blushed red. "Do you wanna play volleyball later at Central Park?"

     "Of course! I'd love to!" Khuong said excitedly.

     With Khuong joining, there were just enough players to play on one of the sand courts to the east of Sheep Meadow. Dinh introduced Khuong to the other 4 players. They decided to play 3 vs 3. Dinh and Khuong were on opposite teams.

     After a few games of volleyball, Khuong invited Dinh to Posh Bar & Lounge in Hell's Kitchen.

     "You're not tired of me, yet?" Dinh said sarcastically.

     "I can't stand you," Khuong replied to his remark.

     They met later that night at the nightclub and danced the night away. The DJ played tracks that were now considered classics. Nevertheless, Dinh and Khuong had the time of their lives. Dinh really demonstrated his dance skills on the dance floor, and Khuong danced to his own rhythm. The lighting, ambience, and the crowd were all on point!

     A few hours later, Khuong noticed that the music and the people were beginning to slow down. Next, the lights in the club started to dim. It almost felt like a power surge but eventually everyone remained frozen still while Dinh and Khuong were able to move normally. Approaching Dinh, Khuong asked, "What's happening?"

     "Open your palm," Dinh suggested. They both opened their right hands, and the meteorite and star shard appeared, levitating.

     "Why are they pulsating, right now?" Khuong inquired.

     "Hold on, this part is seamlessly trippy," answered Dinh.